VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Officer

Rate this question

carl1124

Question

I need a Service Office I have called and left messages and emails to my county VA. Servicer Officer, DAV, VFW. No one ever calls me back I can not get a hold of any one. I need to open a new claim and try to get old one uped from 10%. Any help out there.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It is your choice but I have always sent evidence in certified mail and return receipt. No one would waste the time and money to send an empty envelope. keep in mind however you give this information to VA make sure you keep a copy for yourself. It's true you can write a letter or fill out the preferred form VA form 4138. If this does not open highlight and copy it then open another window and place it in your search and hit enter and it should come up.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4138-ARE.pdf

ah, you didn't get my point about empty envelope. Again, if you send anything certified mail it just means the receiving party received your envelope, not the contents within. If you go to ALJ hearing and say you submitted something by mail the judge will ask for proof. What proof would you have??? The only thing you have is a receipt for the certified mail but no proof of what was in the envelope. If you submit it in person and get a copy date stamped you have PROOF. seems really simple to me but oh well I just make sure I dot my I's and cross my T's.

Submittig in person is basically fool proof.

frank

It is your choice but I have always sent evidence in certified mail and return receipt. No one would waste the time and money to send an empty envelope. keep in mind however you give this information to VA make sure you keep a copy for yourself. It's true you can write a letter or fill out the preferred form VA form 4138. If this does not open highlight and copy it then open another window and place it in your search and hit enter and it should come up.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4138-ARE.pdf

While I agree in a Utopian world, submitting in person would be best. Many veterans do not have that option, myself included. Certified mail will , at the least, show that something was mailed and received. If you are sending a large packet, I would be sure to send table of contents (TOC), so the receiver can notate what was received with the packet, and the TOC becomes evidence as it should also be included in the c-file.

However, I recently read where another member sends regular mail, and has never had a problem. The omitted word here is "yet". Do you want to risk something not being received?

Louis