VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Appointment

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

PDF.gifVHA Handbook 1302.01, 9/5/06, Agent Orange Registry (AOR) Program Procedures To Include All Veterans Exposed To Agent Orange And Special Health Care Benefits For Vietnam Veterans' Children

Go to the va site above, read it....

I'm rated at 90% for all Agent Orange illiness.....You may have not been sprayed...I wasn't.. but my location in VN, 50,000 gal of AO was spilled, and they mixed it into the dirt to make the roads around the post, and I walked thru it every day...

good luck..

PDF.gifVHA Handbook 1302.01, 9/5/06, Agent Orange Registry (AOR) Program Procedures To Include All Veterans Exposed To Agent Orange And Special Health Care Benefits For Vietnam Veterans' Children

Go to the va site above, read it....

I'm rated at 90% for all Agent Orange illiness.....You may have not been sprayed...I wasn't.. but my location in VN, 50,000 gal of AO was spilled, and they mixed it into the dirt to make the roads around the post, and I walked thru it every day...

good luck..

I never signed up for the AO Registry but get 50% for DM2 and PN. What are the advantages of signing up?

• HadIt.com Elder
....You may have not been sprayed...I wasn't.. but my location in VN, 50,000 gal of AO was spilled, and they mixed it into the dirt to make the roads around the post, and I walked thru it every day...

On July 30th, sgmdae started this topic with :

* What should I expect ?

* What will he ask?

* What is he looking for?

*I have been exposed in RVN.

On Aug. 2nd, sgmdae posted a sit rep follow up: "...It is the only organized appointment I have had

and he didn't give me any pills to fix me".

These questions have been asked by thousands of our fellow vets throughout The AO register experience. As well as the C&P exams,...etc. I'm sure this thread was helpful, in many ways.

ALSO,...Outstanding work, buickx... How did you get the figures on the quantity and the exact location of your AO exposure? Several decades ago, we had only paper maps with some of the heaviest areas of use of Agent Orange in RVN. Did you find an " AO spray" web site that we could share with our fellow AO vets that find themselves on this Hadit thread?

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• HadIt.com Elder

When I went for the AO Registsry exam it was the most comprehensive exam I ever got at the VA. That exam is what identified my DMII and my PN. If my PCP had given me a decent exam the AO thing would have been pointless. Other than that I think the registry is a long term lab rat study on the effects of dioxin on humans. We vets are the lab rats. Students in toxicology writing their PH.D dissertations will use the data. Demographers in morbidity and mortality will also have fun at our expense. Right now doctors are getting funding for their research by looking at how AO is killing us. Our deaths are just statistics.

• HadIt.com Elder
When I went for the AO Registsry exam it was the most comprehensive exam I ever got at the VA. That exam is what identified my DMII and my PN.

Glad to hear that it went well at your AO exam, John...

You are right on target with the lab rat analogy. That sums up the whole VAMC experience.