VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Complex Ptsd

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

When a death incident was reported that the DoD or Captain covered up, for what ever reason, the person who witnessed the incident, especially if the person was involved in some way, will undoubtedly be stuck in an indelible loop within the unconscious mind that will haunt, for the duration of the victims life.

Add several of these misreported incidents and the loop becomes complex. Complex PTSD is not even being diagnosed by the VA or DoD. The VA has left the VET with the "just give us one stressor" proof. Put a cucumber in a vat of brine. When is the exact point at which the cucumber becomes a pickle, and prove it.

The VET with Complex PTSD, is left in a life of confusion, anxiety, depression, and the feelings of being overwhelmed with a past that will not and can not be corrected.

The least amount of witnesses, in a combat death, increases the spin on the final death incident report.

Under reporting or misreporting service deaths, for what ever reason, should considered be an "act of treason", no matter how far up the ranks or how many people the decision of the act should go.

It is my opinion, that this is one of the reason for a million back-logged VA claims and increase in suicides.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Complex PTSD victim can somehow manage to go into a one person business that can accommodate their their condition and chronic sporadic lapses into the twilight zone, until collapse or at least 55, then this person should be given a medal. This is the easiest way to live with PTSD, if at all possible. Government has give toothless rules for VETS, in small business, to make this way of life possible. (No-social life)

If the Complex PTSD victim works in regular job with all of the BS and politics of a regular work environment, until the persons mind collapses, this person should be given a medal and held in the highest esteem of the entire country. I don't see how this can be done, and I could not work a regular job. (A possible partial social life)

JMHO.

This is all fresh in my mind, as my doctor has changed a medication that I have been taking for four years. The change in sleep meds has caused my right leg to start jumping around again, keeping me awake. The circle of sick-ass dreams has started all over again. I don't think this Alprozolam is helping me sleep at all. I have been in the twilight zone for several weeks.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

John999 sure hit the nail on the head. The day to day fear is what wears a soldier down. I was shot down twice flying cobras in RVN, had two co-pilots killed in my aircraft and many other members of my platoon KIA or WIA. While I was deeply affected by that trauma, I believe that the constant fear that I felt on every mission every day has had a more seriously affect on me. You couldn't take time to grieve, and you had to put a wall up to block off that fear and the grieving. I think that is one of the issues that has affected so many of us.

'Course the folks I deal with in VA probably don't think that way. They want to focus on specific stressors, and don't realize that the day to day fear was emotionally overwhelming. The only thing more compelling was the dread of showing fear in front of your men.

To the day I can still fill that fear. That dread of knowing that you were next.

Cavtrooper088

Cavtrooper and I have discussed the fear of dying in Vietnam.

No matter what you were doing, you had a fear of dying on any given day.

I can remember getting to the point where I thought I was given a free pass to live

Let me Explain. I had many brothers, killed in every direction a round me. They called me Rabbit, because I had the luck of Rabbit's Foot. I had so many close calls, they ask me if I want a job in S-1, to give me a break. I had thirst for combat, I had fear, but the desire to be out there was a greater power.

By the way, I did go to rear lasted two days, not for me. The rear had no idea what it was like in the field.

• In Memoriam

This is from the site that Commander Bob posted earlier in this thread from Wikipedia. Treatment is a little different for C-PTSD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_post-...stress_disorder

Complex PTSD (C-PTSD) treatment.

Treatment for adults Herman (Herman, J.L. (1992[a]]. Trauma and recovery. New York: Basic Books) believes recovery from C-PTSD occurs in three stages. These are: establishing safety, remembrance and mourning for what was lost, and reconnecting with community and more broadly, society. Herman believes recovery can only occur within a healing relationship and only if the survivor is empowered by that relationship.

Complex trauma means complex reactions and this leads to complex treatments. Hence treatment for C-PTSD requires a multi-modal approach.[40] It has been suggested that treatment for C-PTSD should differ from treatment for PTSD by focusing on problems that cause more functional impairment than the PTSD symptoms. These problems include emotional dysregulation, dissociation, and interpersonal problems. Six suggested core components of complex trauma treatment include:

1. Safety,
  2. Self-regulation,
  3. Self-reflective information processing,
  4. Traumatic experiences integration,
  5. Relational engagement,
  6. Positive affect enhancement,

Multiple treatments have been suggested for C-PTSD. Among these treatments are experiential and emotionally focused therapy, internal family system therapy, sensorimotor pschotharapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, eye movement desensitizations and reprocessing, family systems therapy, and group therapy