VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Intervertrbral Disc Syndrome Evidence

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

Hello Veterans,

Does anyone have an answer to this? In reference to "Incapacitating Episodes" for Intervertebral Disc Disease, my private doctor has in my file that he prescribed 10-12 weeks of bedrest w/medication for pain over the last year. Does this information have to be in my C file before the C-P exam is scheduled for it to be considered? So far there's nothing in my file about this. I didn't know it mattered until I learned it recently from you good people. I have spent at least 8 to 10 weeks out of every year since 1995 at bedrest w/ meds for pain during flare-ups of damaged nerve irritation, prescribed by a doctor. I wasn't sure if I could just tell the examiner about it and bring a letter from the doctor to my exam or not.

Blackbird

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Tell the C&P examiner about this, and send a copy to the RO. It needs to be in you C-file prior to the rater looking at it. So long as you have it in before the rater gets the C-file you are ok.

blackbird

Formula for Rating Intervertebral Disc Syndrome Based on Incapacitating Episodes

With incapacitating episodes having a total duration of at least 6 weeks during the past 12 months: 60%

Tell the C&P examiner all about it in nauseating detail...but first, get a copy of your complete treatment record and hand-deliver or mail certified, return-receipt and keep a copy for yourself. If at all possible, get the treatment record to the VARO before the exam. for good measure, I'd take a highlighter and mark every entry where your doctor prescribed bed rest. If your doctor will write a letter, great. Give a copy to the C&P examiner and include with the treatment records provided to the VARO.