VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied

Rate this question

luvHIM

Question

I was just recently denied my claim for entitlement to compensation for PTSD.

I know that I am already at 100%; but that is by TDIU. My SC comp does not equal 100% and it would be better to be schedular. Anyway, PTSD was not just diagnosed on my recounting of the past events but by a series of tests. VARO noted the MH records they wanted to view and ignored the rest of the record or they would have seen the tests I took in my records, as well.

Anyway, I really want SC for the PTSD because it is a real issue and the anxiety is real too. I'm also still undergoing treatment and participating in group.

Any words of wisdom are welcomed. Thanks, in advance. I've been having flare-ups lately and dealing with some major pain. So, I don't come to the site as often as I use to because of the sitting and typing involved. It will pass but for right now it's vicodin and muscle relaxers, along with reclining and napping.

So, if I don't respond back right away...you know why ahead of time. Thanks for our continued help.

Edited by luvHIM

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Little or no weight is given to evidence based on personal history that the VA see as not being credible. Ask for a DRO hearing so that you can testify under oathe. The fact that you had a STD holds little weight if you did not report the sexual assault. Is there anyone else that you told?

Edited by sharon

Little or no weight is given to evidence based on personal history that the VA see as not being credible. Ask for a DRO hearing so that you can testify under oathe. The fact that you had a STD holds little weight if you did not report the sexual assault. Is there anyone else that you told?

I was dx'd with the STD coming from Lackland (Basic Training) to Tech School (Keesler), so where the heck would they presume it came from? Never mind...that was truly a rhetorical question...as if it I could not imagine the answer. I'm jut going to say forget it because I am getting treatment for it and already 100% P&T (on paper...for now...anyway).

luvhim-

you don't need all of this evidence to win an MST PTSD claim. the only "evidence" i submitted for my claim was what was in my smrs...which was my account of what happened along with several hospitalizations and suicide attempts after getting out of the military. (i was medically discharged because of this). i also submitted a ton of medical records from civilian docs as well as va docs.

luvHIM,

I am sorry for the denial you got as I see (and have felt it) the VA basically saying

liar, liar - that didn't happen to you. I have been there - done that. Still fighting it.

You and I both know that MST from an unreported rape or MST is a hard road to hoe,

but with patience and tenacity it can be done.

I guess my question to you since your VA disability is 100% by way of IU, is

are you carefully choosing this battle, do you feel in that VA validating the MST

actually happened to you, will this make you feel more whole or lessen your

symptoms and anguish ?

Whether the answer is yes or no - just think on it really hard, is VA saying

OK this happened to you, is it worth everything fighting for it, that the process will

put you and your family through ?

If you study (which you probably have) M21-1MR on PTSD - non combat - rape,

you will find that yes, getting a STD diagnoised and treated shown in SMR's,

is good evidence for an MST Claim.

I think this is the first time I've kind of disagreed with Sharon, sorry Sharon :)

MST claims are a real bear when the MST went unreported as the majority of them do.

Some people with MST claim that were reported were VERY FORTUNATE to have their claims granted without a long drawn out fight.

I have a very dear friend that was one of the FORTUNATE ones.

jmho,

carlie

Okay I am about to file a claim with the VA about for my MST. I never reported it due back in 1986 the command would have found out and being Diego Garcia was not the best place to be and have no support system. I went to alcohol and drug rehabilitation about a year later. I kept quite about what happen to just about 2 month ago. I am now seeing a VA counseling. No I don't see her enough. I take antidepressants daily for about two year now. I guess what I am asking is how do I prove my case.

Okay I am about to file a claim with the VA about for my MST. I never reported it due back in 1986 the command would have found out and being Diego Garcia was not the best place to be and have no support system. I went to alcohol and drug rehabilitation about a year later. I kept quite about what happen to just about 2 month ago. I am now seeing a VA counseling. No I don't see her enough. I take antidepressants daily for about two year now. I guess what I am asking is how do I prove my case.

Carl1124,

Welcome to Hadit.

Please re-post this into a new topic thread in Claims/Research

so we don't trample on luvHIM's thread.

Thanks,

carlie