VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Iu Question

Rate this question

noscopes4me

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have your award letter?

This kicks the benefits in to play. Just go to www.va.gov and download the Champ VA application form, fill it out and send it in. Dont forget toattach a copy of the award letter.

You have 6 months to seek Dr visits back to your effective date.

Dont wait for them to send you anything if you have your award letter.

J

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder
I am 100% iu and have not recieve any information on insurance I will be getting. I know my wife will get champva but what do I recieve? thanks.

What kind of insurance are you talking about? Additional GI life insurance? At IU-100% comp., the VA will pay your premiums, if you request it.

Thanks to all who have posted. im talking about i think its Vha? The medical insurance I am gatting. I have a card from the Va but I have recieved any information about where I can and cant go. My wife filled out the champVa for herself and my daughter. And we are still waiting for a response. We will probably call them tommororw. I would have sooner but I hurt my back yesterday and had to go to the local E.R. And was wondering if this will be paid by them or not. Yes I am 100%iu p&t thanks again.

You are supposed to go to your local VA hospital for all of your healthcare. There isn't really any "insurance" for you. As far as you going to a local civilian ER, as long as the VA deems it was a true emergency and the VA wasn't closer....they should pay for it. But normally if it isn't an emergency (like you need to be in an ambulance), visits like that either aren't paid or should be pre-approved.

First thing Monday morning contact the Fee-Basis office at your local VAMC and let them know that you went to a civilian hospital!