VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Iu Question

Rate this question

noscopes4me

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay, Jarhead, listen up.

You ain't getting no "medical insurance", per se, you gettin' to go to the VA for your "medical insurance". And, no, they probably will not pay for your ER visit.

You need to, if you haven't yet, get your butt down to the closest VA medical facility and get signed up for your VA medical ID card and determine your eligibility (yours will be 100%, in other words if you are 100% then you will be taken care of 100%). That is your "medical insurance" (actually, not bad in this day and age, right?).

Your wife and daughter will be eligible for the CHAMPVA. When you get their eligibility cards, there will be, on the cards, the date that they became eligible (the same date that you became 100%), make sure and turn in, to CHAMPVA, ANY receipts for any money that you have paid out for their healthcare since the date they became eligible, up until today's date. Then, what I do, is I send in any receipts for my wife's care, every three months, like clockwork. Takes 'em about 3 weeks to send her a check. Some folks just give the doctor's office and the pharmacy the CHAMPVA ID card and they bill CHAMPVA directly, without you having to do a thing (nice, yes).

My wife has "other" insurance thru her work, so we let it pay what it will, then send the bill showing the remainder that we would owe (what we'd be "out-of-pocket) to the CHAMPVA.

Semper Fi!

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

Also, do not forget that if you are 100% P&T that you are eligible for what is called an "MWR" card (Morale, Welfare and Recreation), Department of Defense FORM 2765.

Call the #800-827-1000 and ask them to send you the letter that you will then take to the nearest military installation where they will issue you and your dependents the card. This allows you to access any military base, and use their PX, BX or recreation facilities, worldwide. The Wife and I make our "weekly run" to the Naval Air Station for our groceries and save, probably 25% plus there is no sales tax. There are a lot of benefits to being 100% (as there rightfully should be).

Semp...ah hell you know!

• HadIt.com Elder
Quick fix to last post I have not recieved information from the vha or champVa for spouse and child as of yet.

Yes I understood your typo in your last post. After you have participated here at Hadit, over a hundred times , or so, then you will get an edit button, at the bottom of your screen, and then you can go in and correct it yourself... I use it all the time.

Based on what you posted, so far, I agree with purple and the others, please call your local VAMC tomorrow, ASAP. I think you only have a short period of time to call it in. It depends...As it's been said earlier, ... If the VA will even pay for it....

The ambulance driver should have taken you to the VAMC, in the first place. Did you tell the ambulance people that you were a disabled veteran? . Do you live out in the country, hundreds of miles from the closest VA hosp.? If so, then you need to apply for a fee-basis card.

Welcome to the twilight zone????

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

Yes I live in the country many hours away froma V A Hospital. We have a clinic in town but they were closed. what is the Fee-Basis office number any body know? Much appreciated all the info.

I know this wasn't your question but, are you getting disability from Social Security (SSDI) too?

If not you should file for it,

Boondoc

I am 100% iu and have not recieve any information on insurance I will be getting. I know my wife will get champva but what do I recieve? thanks.