VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions During A C&p Exam

Rate this question

BoonDoc

Question

Which has the most weght in a claim for mental disorders, a Phd. Psychologist, or GP?

Had the Phd. give a favorable C&P.

nine months later, another C&P by a GP, who asked a series of questions like "could you handle receiving a large amount of money given to you?", and can you cook yourself a meal? Can you handle reconciling your checkbook?

I've never had an exam like this before.

Does anyone know what the point was, had one like this, etc?

Thanks,

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

VA uses their definition of incompetence , it is not a legal definition.

This BVA decision gives a little info as to how VA should determine incompetency.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp12/Files3/1220646.txt

Unfortunately many PTSD vets (or those with other MH issues) answer one of the C & P questions with...My spouse pays the bills.

Bingo-VA thinks they are 'incompetent' and cannot handle their own funds.

SSA said my husband was incompetent ,for SSA purposes, and told him by phone that he could challenge that but he told the SSA woman he liked it.

VA however deemed him in a catastrophic state of PTSD and he also had significant brain damage but VA said he was competent enough to handle his funds.

He could not sign a check and couldn't differentiate paper money or pocket change.

VA's declaration o incompetence only regards any VA monetary benefits.

Some long gone relative cannot come out of the woodwork to try to get any incompetent vet's stuff.

VA hired enough bogus fiduciarys to do that for some vets. Some got caught and are now serving time.

The MH C & P Amie Worksheets are all here under a search.showing how VA handles the competency issue in these exams.

It is probably only one question...who pays the bills at your house?