VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Drug For Anger Management

Rate this topic

Hi gang,

I've been having a problem with anger management for many years, and my Doctor has just prescribed a new drug (Clonazepam) to help me control my anger. She cautioned me that it could become habit forming and plans on another consult within the month. This worries me as I had a drinking problems many years ago after my combat tour that took me several years to whip, and I don't want to go down that road again. Anyone every had this stuff before?

Also I have read the side effects and it talks about the usual affects--drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision ect. Theeeeeeen it talks about excessive hair growth or loss (wonder if you have a choice on where you lose or gain?) A possible change in sexual desire---if this means that I'll quit being anger, but will start writing my phone number on bathroom walls offering favors to strangers instead than I ain't even take the first pill.

Seriously, for a change :D , anyone know about this stuff? Help an old soldier out.

Cav

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavtrooper088,

I've taken it in the past for anxiety.

I'm not on it now (may work great for you) I'm on it's cousin Xanax. After being on one of these benzo's you get used to them, just don't take more than precribed. I've had a good psychiatrist who changed my meds around after they quit working as well for me.

Xanax and "The Tao of Willie" helps me a lot.

Congrats on being sober! I've got 13 years myself...have to make that decision each and every day, so I understand the concern about meds. It's helped me to see medication that is addictive for what it is, a medical treatment under control of a physcian, not me.

Boondoc

PS I havea 24 y/o son who is a CAV Scout doing His second tour in Iraq; he's a designated marksman. He starts recruiting school this Fall. Okay, that's enough, I'm a proud Papa!

Hi gang,

I've been having a problem with anger management for many years, and my Doctor has just prescribed a new drug (Clonazepam) to help me control my anger. She cautioned me that it could become habit forming and plans on another consult within the month. This worries me as I had a drinking problems many years ago after my combat tour that took me several years to whip, and I don't want to go down that road again. Anyone every had this stuff before?

Also I have read the side effects and it talks about the usual affects--drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision ect. Theeeeeeen it talks about excessive hair growth or loss (wonder if you have a choice on where you lose or gain?) A possible change in sexual desire---if this means that I'll quit being anger, but will start writing my phone number on bathroom walls offering favors to strangers instead than I ain't even take the first pill.

Seriously, for a change :D , anyone know about this stuff? Help an old soldier out.

Cav

it is a good drug and should help you very much with your problem. most people call and know it by klonopin. i took it for a year and it worked very well. i was on the highest dosage, 2mg. what are you going to take ? about 3 months ago, i switched to something that i believe is just a little bit stronger and more known, xanax 2mg. some consider klon and xan equals. i say, try it. if it does not work, then decrease or increase the dosage or switch to something else. i hope that i have been of help. hope that everything works out for you.

I have been on this drug for about a year now. It has literally changed my life. I used to be a raging bi-itch. I can still get annoyed at times but I feel in control. I haven't noticed any side effects so far.

Liz

Cav,

I love my clonazepam.

My entire family refers to them as my "do not kill - pill".

Clonazepam is only a new drug for you -- it's been around a long, long time.

BTW - I used to love to write on bathroom walls.

Benzo's usually decrease the desire for sexual activities.

jmho,

carlie

Edited by carlie

Different kind of drug from the sixties

But Hell, I met my wife from a number on the Bathroom Wall

Just kidding.....................Maybe????????????????????