VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Drug For Anger Management

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

867-5309 Jenny I got your number. I read it on the wall....Tommy tutone. Utube has a great video of this group doing that song.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like it might work for me. We'll find out pretty soon. Lord knows I need something to keep from snapping.

Cav

Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like it might work for me. We'll find out pretty soon. Lord knows I need something to keep from snapping.

Cav

Hey Cavtrooper,

Have you gone to one of the anger management groups?

Could help, along with your new medication.

BoonDoc

• 4 weeks later...

i do citalpram for nerves daily pill with depakote or divalprox, and chase it with lorazepam per necessary.

i got off effexor a while back because it pretty much sends your libido on leave. did the same for the wife, so we turned into co-habitators instead of freaky-deakies like we used to be.

• HadIt.com Elder

All the drugs in the prozac family kill libido. They were first invented to treat premature ejaculation. They really cure that problem with no bada bing. I have this problem with imagining the worst all the time and prozac helped with that, but resulted in limp willy.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cav, xanax ( benzodiazepines ) does not work the same as prozac, citalopram ( serotonin reuptake inhibitors/ssri's ). Xanax works quite rapidly where as ssri's take up to several weeks to work. Xanax is prescribe for panic attacks and anger generally. I used to take xanax back in the early 80's, because I was having urges of wanting to put my ex in between two oncoming semi's. They actually gave me a buzz, that I didn't care for. I take ssri's now because they do not give me that high feeling. Better for me.

Hope this helps.

t&b