VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

jan

Question

Why is it some people with VA state you have to have a C&P before they can

turn you down. What is the proper procedures?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The C&P for the VA is like the Medical Exam by Social Security. Unless you just got out of Military the VA rarely makes a positive decision on a claim without their own C&P.

• HadIt.com Elder

It all depends on medical evidence. The VA may or may not afford an exam.

Most likely they will need a medical opinion and order an exam but I have seen cases where there are denials without an exam based strictly on other criteria.

J

Was never given a C&P just denied. They treat for PTSD but state it never happened even with

evidence. How can they continually deny with out them proving it if your Psyc doc states you

suffer from PTSD because of a military occurence plus hospitalized for 10 days on funny farm?

• HadIt.com Elder

They most likely denied the stressor as not verified. unless a combat with a CIB or PH.

Post the reason for the denial. Reasons and basis section of denial letter.

J

They most likely denied the stressor as not verified. unless a combat with a CIB or PH.

Post the reason for the denial. Reasons and basis section of denial letter.

J

The VA in New Orleans lost his whole military records. Nothing to go by except what I

had my son send to me before he got out of Navy. I had to get his in patient record

from the Naval Hospital in Washington because the VA said they couldn't locate them.

Reports from treating health care providers may be accepted under 38 CFR 3.326 without a separate C&P examination if they are otherwise adequate for rating purposes. However, it is normally necessary to obtain a C&P examination to ensure that your determinations are based on objective and critical findings supported by adequate explanation and sufficient observation and testing. Determinations regarding the adequacy of reports from treating health care providers (including their qualifications) and the need for a C&P examination is made on a case-by-case basis.