VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Opinion Of C&p Exam Results

Rate this question

pigdriver

Question

Hi fellow veterans'. I am seeking opinions from those of you who may have been through the entire process for combat related PTSD, Tinnitus and severe hearing loss. First the PTSD results. In the summary Doctor states "likely he meets stressor criteria A for the DSM-IV manual criteria for PTSD based on his Vietnam war experiences". "Capacity for improvement and remission of his PTSD is limited". Diagnosis: Axis I. PTSD secondary to Vietnam war experiences. Axis II. Deferred. Axis III. Service history of post tramatic brain injury. Axis IV: Stressors; moderate to severe. Axis V. Current global assessment of functioning for the PTSD is 48. Now for the Tinnitus and hearing loss both of which are indicated and contained in my "C" file. Diagnosis. Right side; sensorineual; degree of loss severe. Left side; sensorineual; degree of loss profound. Medical opinion: Service connection for Tinnitus and hearing loss based on Veteran's MOS, military combat service and service medical records. Well all this is well and fine I suppose but exactly what does all of this mean for this old Marine? Will the VA try and find a way not to award me any type of disability & compensation?? Just your opinions based on your experience with same types of disabilities. Thanks to all of you for your service to your country!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

With the CAR on your DD 214, the VA should definitely concede your stressor (s).

The Marines did not award the CAR until 1969.

I always wondered why it wasn't on my husband's DD 214 or 215.

But now I know why- he was incountry 1965-66 (First Amphibious Tracker Battalion-Danang)

I agree with John and suggest that you apply for Social Security disability.

I dont know if a TDIU form at this point would hold up your claim-

hopefully they will make a 70% Rating-and send the form to you-

It is almost impossible however for anyone to guess on what rating they will give and you can appeal anything that you don't seem is fair-based on your medical evidence.

The PTSD inhouse 21 day is a good program- at least the one here at Buffalo sure is from what I heard from many vets who were in it.

My husband said it was the best thing VA did for him after years of PTSD out Patient"therapy" but the program only lasted for less then a month and he thought he really needed a year of this type of inhouse therapy because he spent a year in Hell.

Hi Berta!! I gather you live in Buffalo, NY both of my parents were born and raised in Buffalo. What a small world!! The CAR wasn't on my DD214 either and neither were other important awards like the Presidential Unit Citation, Meritorious Unit Citation and a host of others. I discovered I was eligible when I was visiting the site www.usmcvta.org/awardsinfo.htm I was an 0353 in the USMC, Ontos crewman, served 1965 & 1966 in I Corps, more specfically Quang Nai and Tam Ky Provinces. Sounds like your Marine husband was 1st MARDIV Amtracs and yes it was a year of hell to say the least. I was discharged in 1967 before the CAR was authorized and the other awards were never indicated on my DD214, go figure!! It was a battle to finally get the CAR, the others were easier. My service records very clearly list the operations my Company and Platoon were involved in and all 4 were not fun at all. Funny how everyone except those who were there in the thick of things seem to forget how horrific that place was, some veterans can actually go back and visit that place, I haven't been able to do that or even visit the Wall. Thanks for your words of encouragement.