VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diabetes Secondary Rejected

Rate this question

Papa

Question

B) I got back my decision for Diabetes and it was denied. The reason was that I did not show it in my medical records. When, I submitted my claim I thought that I had given the VA access to ALL my medical records. I thought that since I was tested positive for Diabetes and most diffently in a AO zone, this would be a no brainer. WRONG! The VA only looked at my records through 1982! So, if they want to deny a claim, all they need to do is go back far enough and waalaa :P . Now, I will need to do a NOD.

Papa

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him read. Don't give up if it were me I would ask for a DRO Hearing and confront the idiot in a nice way.

Good Luck

For your NOD, when you submit copies of your records; highlight the information they need to read. Put tabs on the pages they need to read also so its easier for them. Anything to make it easier is better. With the VA you have to put the dots very close together.

There is a preprinted form for Diabetes. Call the 800 number and order one. Take it to your doctor and have him/her sign it. When you send or take it back to the VA it automatically reopens your claim. That is all that is needed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sharon:

Thank you as you make it much easier for all of us.If you could put up the form number maybe we could link it and the Veteran could print it off.

I have used the 800 number to order forms and it has worked for me.

And the quicker you file a nod the better off you will be. The va does this in the hope that you will give up. Don't give them the satisfaction of winning when you know you are right. Never give up fighting the va system.