VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diabetes Secondary Rejected

Rate this question

Papa

Question

B) I got back my decision for Diabetes and it was denied. The reason was that I did not show it in my medical records. When, I submitted my claim I thought that I had given the VA access to ALL my medical records. I thought that since I was tested positive for Diabetes and most diffently in a AO zone, this would be a no brainer. WRONG! The VA only looked at my records through 1982! So, if they want to deny a claim, all they need to do is go back far enough and waalaa :P . Now, I will need to do a NOD.

Papa

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta:

Maybe they are clearing the decks. I am amazed at how many who have won claims this time of year. Usually in November they grant a bunch of claims cause they are starting the new year. Yes I still believe in the 4% cap.

I definitely feel they are whipping out some awards faster Pete- but the award letters are either all wrong or they then seem to stall on paying the comp.

I almost expect when they get my April 2009 award letter finally right- they might declare me Incompetent!

One more way to stall the paying of the cash.

My award letter from the RO came so fast after the BVA decision-I knew it would be messed up- they didn't even seem to read the BVA decision at all-and they forgot the money.

A disgrace.

I had received 3-4 letters from Both Chairman HVAC Filner and James Terry-CHairman BVA on my case.I didnt respond because I wanted the proper award letter first.

Last week I figured VA is waiting for me to croak so I sent the award letter to both of them -telling them how we are being victimized by a system that has to re-do what they could have done right in the first place- a prime reason for the unconscionable backlog.

They were involved in my claim only do to my past testimony at the Sub Committee on claims.Medical evidence is what wins a claims-not Congressional intervention-

but the recent RO decision gave me prime facie evidence of what my testimony was about and thousands of us are being victimized by careless work at the ROs.

I got a response from IRIS today, and they basically admitted that whoever put the letter together really made a bad error. They also mentioned that I'm suppose to have a Tinnitus test on Aug 13th, wonder when they are going to tell me where <_< . I did receive a call from the local VA, but they did not leave a message, I called the number on the caller ID. It was first press one for English, press one for this, press two for this up to about six times or numbers. I pressed them all and talked to everyone, but no one called me B) . Surprised? Nope.

Do you have a service officer? If so, contact him/her to see if they know why they are trying to contact you. You can call the 800 number an have them send a message to the RO that you missed the call and if possible can the individual who tried to call, please try again. At least they have a step in the right direction.

• HadIt.com Elder

For every success story we here on Hadit we don't hear about the guys who use the VSO's and get denied and just quit. I think the VA may be clearing the decks by throwing vets overboard. I bet a lot of younger vets just shrug their shoulders and get on with their lives after denials thinking that 10% does not matter anyway. It comes back to haunt them 30 years later.

John999 your post hit me with a ton of bricks, truthful bricks that is. I had put in for a claim against DM II prior to this claim, and was ask to submit more evidence. My doctor wrote a statement saying that I had DM II and most likely caused by Agent Orange. I will not get into my other aliments as it would take to long. But, the VA and some, not all of the VSO both know how to fustrate Veterans. My claim is proof that the VA does not look at new, old or any type of evidence. They stop where ever they want to stop, and I must be the king of nieve people. Thanks for the reality check.

Papa