VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Jobs Can You Get When The Va Says Your Incompetent?

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

My husband would like me to ask anyone on here, what jobs will he be able to get if the VA says he is incompetent?He is 60%.. 50 PTSD and 10 Tin..He is not doing very well mentally, but the VA says that he will be able to go back to work with allot of Volc Rehab. He wants to do the GI bill because he can get more money each month.He wants to work but i really don't know if he can. Thank you.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

50% rating is way to low for a guy in this condition with classic signs of deep and major depression. What kind of pills does he take? I would file for IU yesterday for him. The VA is just low balling him. Has he filed for SSD?

He takes Hydroxyzine pamoate 25mg 3 times a day for anxiety/agitation,Sertraline hcl 150mg for PTSD&Depression,Topiramate 2 tab. twice a day for Migranes,Prazosin hcl 4 mg at bedtime, Trazodone 100mg at bedtime, Ibuprofin 2 capsuls upto 4 times a day for pain,( they do not want to give him anything more for pain because of his SI). He has not filed for SSDI because the Dr's said he can work. im not sure of what to do, We can't afford a IMO nor can we afford him to go to Voc rehab.The Psyc did say that we might want to consider disability when she first saw him but she is no longer working there.

We called the 800 number and they said that my husband was sent a letter saying his PCP had to sign and say that he was incompetent. We went in the VARO and waved our 60 days because we gave them all the info that we had. Why are they having us go to the VA to get them to sign a paper?? I don't understand it his PCP does not know anything about my husband , in fact it got so bad we requested another PCP.Has anyone had this happen to them ??