VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Higer Rating...

Rate this question

gfunk

Question

ive read through a lot of the posts and got some good info, but all cases are diff so i thought id try my luck with my own.  im currently rated at 50 for ptsd 10 for limited thigh flexion, 10 lumbar spine strain, and 10 for knee cond for a total of 60.  i had more cases pending for tbi and tinnitus but i failed to show for the c & p exams. anyway, my original shrink left the VA so they re assigned me a new one , he decided to switch up meds, yadda yadda, i saw him briefly but just wasnt working so i tried a new doc who also just threw pills at me.  i know they may work but the side effects were too much.   havent been back in a while

anyway, long story short,  since my initial c&p exam for ptsd, ive had to quit school, leave my apartment, and cant work anywhere.  i havent been seeing a psychologist at the va for a few months,  maybe back in march...  forget to take my pills everyday, forge to pay bills, got arrested for a bar fight...  basically nothing good is on the road im on. i plan on doing a walk in tomorrow at the VA to see a doc cause in order for me to switch again i have to ask the one i have now and i dont want to.  

should i try reapplying for ptsd now or must i go back to a doc and get the paper trail i need for evidence?? i plan on going to a doc anyway, but i need to get the ball rolling and waiting a few months for the mountain to build up isnt doable.  any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

gfunk,

Welcome to Hadit.

Prior to requesting an increase in disability I would check

the Rating Schedule and compare it to your medical evidence.

You can find a link to the Schedule of Rating Disabilities on our Homepage.

It is under 38 CFR - Part 4.

http://www.hadit.com/

carlie