VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gaf , From 40 To 35, What Is This And Whats It Represent?

Rate this question

mrkman12

Question

Seeing pysch. doc every week at the ptsd clinic in sa, lowered gaf score from 40 to 35, due to severe levels of depression, commorbid w/severe chronic ptsd. Am still waiting on an DRO interview, almost 18 months now. Have been seeing haha since 2007, and am not quite sure where all this is going....pls advise....hamster on a wheel.....

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is the kind of claim where a good lawyer rather than some dense VSO would be of great help. You did not even get a C&P exam and it seems the VA has completely misunderstood your claim. That is because the VA is fixated on combat stressors where vet has combat medals. Non-combat PTSD has a greater hurdle since you must prove from records that the stressor event happened to you. Nothing is assumed just because you have the diagnosis espcially since many years have passed since your discharge. I think I would try and see if I could get a lawyer for this. Waiting for a DRO when you have not even had a C&P exam means the best that can happen is the DRO accepts your stressor and sends you for a C&P. Everything depends on your stressor being accepted, current diagnosis of PTSD and nexus between the two things. In your case there is no presumption of a stressor. Even those with oombat stressors who do not have combat medals have to prove it.

This is the kind of claim where a good lawyer rather than some dense VSO would be of great help. You did not even get a C&P exam and it seems the VA has completely misunderstood your claim. That is because the VA is fixated on combat stressors where vet has combat medals. Non-combat PTSD has a greater hurdle since you must prove from records that the stressor event happened to you. Nothing is assumed just because you have the diagnosis espcially since many years have passed since your discharge. I think I would try and see if I could get a lawyer for this. Waiting for a DRO when you have not even had a C&P exam means the best that can happen is the DRO accepts your stressor and sends you for a C&P. Everything depends on your stressor being accepted, current diagnosis of PTSD and nexus between the two things. In your case there is no presumption of a stressor. Even those with oombat stressors who do not have combat medals have to prove it.

This is interesting considering, both incidents are considered diagnostic criteria A-1 Traumatic stressor events IAW dsm-iv and noted extensively in service medical records and also personell records showing drastic personality and characture changes in service. Even (m21-1mr) has 17 requirements to verify a stressor event in which I meet 15 of the requirements. Explain what your understanding of " no presumption of a stressor is?" This is confusing to me and I may need to research presumption clause again.....mark

VA failed to obtain those records or conduct any exams as per requested through the veterans center in SA.

mark

It is ALWAYS the claimant's responsibility to ensure copies of everything get to VA

and that is the bottom line.

Vet Centers do not order exams - decision makers (raters) order exams

and they don't HAVE to order an exam because a Vet Center requests one.

carlie

They will answer your presumption question, I am sure. It sounds to me we have a classic case, of rotating the file to bottom, because along the way someone got irritated. I had e-mails from someone else like you, that was waiting for two, years, he had a tracking document, that showed he had made 293 attemps to get his claim resolved. To the bottom of pile my friend.

They will answer your presumption question, I am sure. It sounds to me we have a classic case, of rotating the file to bottom, because along the way someone got irritated. I had e-mails from someone else like you, that was waiting for two, years, he had a tracking document, that showed he had made 293 attemps to get his claim resolved. To the bottom of pile my friend.

your absolutely right,

no cib, ph, or combat relation last on the list, if you ever make the list. This is great sh_t, and I find it really comical to say the least. The record is clear, the stressors are verifible through service medical records and personell records. Same crap they told me in 1992, your injuries were not caused or combat related and the VA can not assist you in yur treatment for non-combat related injuries. 1992, diagnosed w/ possible ptsd. referred to VA for futher follow up..

WHAT A RIDICULOUS, IGNORANT,SELF SERVING CIRCLE.....Pi__ed off VETERAN!!!!!

Mrkman12, I didn't see it before , possible PTSD, the old catch 22

Berta Sharon John999 will have to guide

you

I can't seem to get rated muself, and I have the required Stessors.........??