VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Compensable Without Ptsd

Rate this question

bootstrap1

Question

I am overall 100% but only compensable 70% for physical disabilities. Recently as advised by my VA rep I had put in for a PTSD claim. My VA mental health therapist who I see every 2 weeks says I have it and my c and p doctor rated me at a gaf 45 and his exact words were that i am unable to work due to military service. I'm on meds for ptsd and have not worked in over 3 years and before that never worked for one continous year. I suffered a severe head injury and have never felt "right" since. It has been about 8 months since I was denied tdiu so i'm still within my window for appeal if need be. I did things backards and filed for tdiu last year before my c and p exam for ptsd. My VA rep says I should get the 100% without a doubt given my rate on physical disabilities and what the doc said along with my therapist treatment and meds. I wonder if they will, if it goes in my favor, automatically give me tdiu or actually make me appeal it. Again after all their c and p doc for ptsd said I was unemployable ....Any advice, comments and or positive reinforcement is welcome. God bless and thank you for serving

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

bootstrap1,

Since you have already filed the claim, the form you need to fill out is VA Form 21-8940 Veterans Application For Increased Compensation Based On Unemployability. If you have a printer, then you can find fillable form on the Internet. Then send it in to ensure that TDIU is looked when they make their PTSD decision.

What exact reason did they give for denying TDIU for physical 70%.

Hope this helps,

Louis

Edited by Bonzai

• HadIt.com Elder

Does your PTSD diagnosis have a verified stressor? If you are 70% and unable to work why do you need to pursue a PTSD claim? If you are 70% for physical injury you should be able to get IU based on that without the PTSD hunt. What was the basis for denial of your original IU claim?

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. You are already 100% via 705 plus TDIU. PTSD is a vicious disorder and I am glad to see that you are being treated. Unless your diagnosis is verified by a stresstor the VA way you will probably spin your wheels and the way VA figures stuff maybe hard but not impossible to bump you enough enough to get SMC S Award or another 300 a month.

Good Luck but the key is to be able to verify the stressor that is acceptable to VA.

Does your PTSD diagnosis have a verified stressor? If you are 70% and unable to work why do you need to pursue a PTSD claim? If you are 70% for physical injury you should be able to get IU based on that without the PTSD hunt. What was the basis for denial of your original IU claim?

What does "PTSD" with a verified stressor? I know what PTSD is and my husband suffers from it. Her recently was told his compensation was decreasing because he appeared better? I was so mad! He is better only if he takes his meds and just cuz you caught him on a good day doesn't mean he is "cured" He was at 50 % and now they are moving him back to 30%.