VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Request

Rate this question

mrkman12

Question

1. HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED BY THE VA AS HAVING PTSD, AND MDD. HAVE BEEN IN INDIVIDUAL THERAPY FOR APPROX. TWO YEARS, AND ON MEDICATIONS TO ASSIST IN THE THERAPY. HAVE REQUESTED A C&P EXAMINATION VIA TEXAS VETERANS COMMISSION, WITH SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED VA FORM 21-4138 ON NUMEROUS OCCASSIONS. AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY REPLY FROM HOUSTON CONCERNING THIS ISSUE.

2. HAVE A PENDING APPEAL ON 7 ISSUES. THE NOTICE OF DISAGREEMENT WAS RECEIVED BY THE VA ON 2/13/2008. REQUEST TO KNOW THE STATUS OF THESE CLAIMS, AND I REALIZE THE CASE LOAD AT HOUSTON IS EXTREMELY HEAVY. IF YOU ARE WORKING ON CLAIMS PREVIOUS TO MINE, COULD YOU STATE WHAT MONTH AND YEAR. SO THAT I MAY INTERPERATE AN APPROXIMATE TIME LINE FOR THE REQUESTED DRO INTERVIEW. I APOLOGIZE, IF THIS REQUEST FOR A C&P OR STATUS OF THE ISSUES ARE IN ANYWAY INCONVINEANT TO YOUR AGENCY.

3. I AGAIN STATE, THAT MY INJURIES ARE NON-COMBAT RELATED, AND REQUEST CONSIDERATION CONCERNING THOSE ISSUES ALONG THOSE LINES. PLEASE INFORM ME AND MY VSO IF YOU CAN ASAP....

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Heck yah, go ahead and send it.

Anybody wanna get a little 'side bet' goin as to what his reply might say?

Heck yah, go ahead and send it.

Anybody wanna get a little 'side bet' goin as to what his reply might say?

Now this is funny, please people let us have a few laughs........mark :rolleyes:

I would love to bet, but don't have the experience to say for sure

The first response will be: We don't have all the information needed to answer this request, we will route this request to the responsible RSO, and will follow up in Five day.

If we don't get a timly answer and you are dead, please give us a address and a next of kind so we can send a computer genrated card, that will enable the subtract feature to take you have our already enormous work load.

That is suppose to be humorous, well for me anyway

Wow,

1. VA does nothing ASAP

2. You say that you have a current appeal with seven issues and you’ve filed a claim for PTSD/MDD, the problem is you are complicating your claim. You have a current appeal and a current claim. VA can only do one thing at a time. In most cases when a veteran files a claim for mental disorder his/her claim file is transferred to the VA hospital so the mental health C & P doctor can review the file. If your file is at the BVA it will take some time. In some cases VA can establish a temporary file to see if they can rate the claim but I think in your case the C & P doctor would need to review your file to give a medical opinion. Combat or non-combat I don’t think it makes a difference unless you have a terminal condition or in financial hardship, VA don’t care. Sorry, I know this is not what you want to hear and I hope I am wrong, it is just my opinion but I hope the best for you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm telling you guys, the IRIS department head ALWAYS shows up a little early, so's they can write on the chaulk board in the breakroom, today's "Answer du Jour"!

When my claim was at the BVA (TWO YEARS), my Wife and I had a little bet (who was cookin supper and doin the dishes) every Friday. I'd wait until Friday at 1PM Washington DC time, to call and ask about my claim. Our little bet would be which of the "Answer du Jours" would be applied to this particular Friday. There were, like 5 different answers available to choose from! :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

Your main problem will be getting a verifiable stressor for the PTSD. That is what is going to hold you up if you don't have it. Send the Iris to get the status of your claim. That is all you are going to get. It can't hurt, but it will not speed up the process. The more stuff you have in the system the slower it will go. If the MDD is enough to get you 100% then just concentrate on that if you can prove it through your SMR's. The VA can screw up a very simple claim. Just think what they can do with a claim with multiple issues. Non combat PTSD has to be proved from the gound up! Not easy as guys like TestVet can tell you. It took him years and he had a lawyer if I remember. PTSD is one of the hardest claims to prove. The VA is ready for people who are claiming it. They are well prepared to deny if all your ducks are not in a row.