VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spoke To The Bva

Rate this question

MikeR

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Spoke to the BVA today and they tell me a letter is on the way ref my PTSD claim as the decision was made yesterday. Now since they made the decision yesterday and are mailing out the letter today and am pretty certain that it is a denial. They are sending my ankle portion back to the AMC so I guess the Nexus letter/IMO and repackaging the evidence never hurts. Wondering after 11 years and am very drained on this fight. Have a diagnosis and take my meds for PTSD and comorbid depression. Should I hire the lawyer for the NOD, or just file a claim for Depression?

Mike

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Runnbare

Sometimes the proofs of stressor is hard to get even in a combat zone with all hell breaking loose. Have you even seen some of those after action report copies. They look like hen scratchings. After you get out of service and discover your have PTSD you have to go back and get documents to prove stressors. If you served in a combat zone and have PTSD why do you have to prove it? I know some would fake it for the money, but most just want to get on with their lives. I think this places a unfair burden on the vet. The VA conceds all vets in RVN were exposed to AO, so why not to stressors? Every base in Vietnam got hit by rockets or mortars or sniper fire. I almost got killed by idiot officers playing with foo gas.

The thing about the PTSD is that the VA has consistently diagnosed me of this. It was not even my idea. Since I have gotten treatment, Meds, counseling, etc my life has improved and even if they did not pay me a dime it's only that at least they were to acknowledge some reasonsibility for it.

Yikes runnenbare- you were hit by Puff?????

Puff was even called the "dragon" by the NVS and VC in documents founds after the war-

a Douglas class 47/DC-3 with 3 Gattling guns at 6,000 rounds each!

sorry guys for getting off topic here- but our Mil in Vietnam had some powerful stuff- like Puff the Magic Dragon.

Edited by Berta

I know how frustrating things are with the VA first hand. I have tried to get my blood pressure linked to PTSD but they want give. They say I don't have high blood pressure and it is not linked to ptsd because I didn't have because I didn't have it while I was in service and my blood pressure is well controlled with the 4 med's that I take everyday. This the kind of C&P doc's the VA has. I have GERD, IBS, PTSD with Gaf of 25 but PTSD did not cause any of this.

• HadIt.com Elder
I know how frustrating things are with the VA first hand. I have tried to get my blood pressure linked to PTSD but they want give. They say I don't have high blood pressure and it is not linked to ptsd because I didn't have because I didn't have it while I was in service and my blood pressure is well controlled with the 4 med's that I take everyday. This the kind of C&P doc's the VA has. I have GERD, IBS, PTSD with Gaf of 25 but PTSD did not cause any of this.

Well, that's ironic I have high blood pressure, GERD, and they agree I have PTSD, but they have no idea how I got the PTSD. Of course they want me to be treated for it.

I want to say that I am not saying that PTSD did not have any cause of these and other problems that I have but that is what the VA is saying. It is like you have been saying in that you think that you have proved what you believe is enough but they just don't see it or agree. I want to wish you well in your fight for what you believe you have earned.