VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sometimes The Va Distorts Information

Rate this topic

• In Memoriam

This report was done in 2007. McClatchy was bought out Knight Rider news in that year, but McClatchy has kept much of Chris Adams research. This article points out the VA's Mode of Operation, and the article shows the VA's desire to show itself as tops in the country through minions embellishments. Chris Adams has been a top research/report and has done a great job at bringing out the truth in Veterans Treatment.

VA medical system isn't as big a success as officials have asserted

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/staff/chris_ada...tory/16149.html

Excerpt from Chris Adam article:

While the VA's health system has gotten very good marks for a transformation it's undertaken over the past decade, the department also has a habit of overselling its progress in ways that assure Congress and others that the agency has enough resources to care for the nation's soldiers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Galloway, is also an excellent Veterans Reporter, who went to McClatchy in the buy out. Joe's articles are here. Joe help me with information about my claims and I will not forget it.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/galloway/

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes -they DO distort info-

and it is up to us as claimants, if they distort or manipulate something in a SOC -to challenge it right away.

I still get angry over something I got in a SSOC over 10 years ago.

It was not a 'distortion' as much as the fact that they left out critical wording in a C & P report.That is reallyu the same thing anyhow-I guess-

They used part of the doctor's sentence and forgot the rest of it.

And then continually 'lost' the medical evidence that overruled the way they manipulated his wording.

They used this parsed statement to deny my claim but then I made them eat those words.

I think it is a crime ( and violation of our rights as within the recent CAVC remand at VA Watchdog)for the VA to manipulate our evidence (and even their own evidence-as in my past claim) this way.

• HadIt.com Elder

They also hide info that could help Veterans with their claims.

Does the VA have a Form that asks a Doc if they see something that the Veterans they are helping would need an objective look to see if it is service connectible?

• HadIt.com Elder

Right, I think the VA only gives out information when the vet confronts them with intelligent questions the vet already knows the answers for. If you don't know, the VA ain't going to tell you. I imagine the widows who go to the VA and ask if they are eligible for some kind of survivor benefit. If they don't know their rights I bet they get a pack of distortions and half-truths. Most spouses of vets in nursinng homes don't know they are entitled to aid and assitance to help defray these costs. One thing Elder Law attorneys tout is the fact they can get extra money for the spouses of vets who are in nursing homes. They charge for this information because the VA does not tell the spouse. My Aunt was getting DIC when she went into a nursing home. I knew she was entitled to some extra benefit. I got the VA to contribute significant money to pay the nursing home. My Aunt was not on medicade so this helped her bottom line. I believe the VA's thinking is that unless the vet demands the benefits he/she is due then we will just let it slide. They must have some affirmative duty to inform vets and survivors/dependents of their potential benefits. They just ignore the duty and nobody gets whacked for that negligence.

Are you ever so right Berta, as you usually are, thanks from us.

The VA...Their motto is the 9 D's:

Deny; Distort; Discourage; Deflame; Dismiss; Disguise; Discard: Destroy; and they hope the vet will DIE!! :D

Yes -they DO distort info-

and it is up to us as claimants, if they distort or manipulate something in a SOC -to challenge it right away.

I still get angry over something I got in a SSOC over 10 years ago.

It was not a 'distortion' as much as the fact that they left out critical wording in a C & P report.That is reallyu the same thing anyhow-I guess-

They used part of the doctor's sentence and forgot the rest of it.

And then continually 'lost' the medical evidence that overruled the way they manipulated his wording.

They used this parsed statement to deny my claim but then I made them eat those words.

I think it is a crime ( and violation of our rights as within the recent CAVC remand at VA Watchdog)for the VA to manipulate our evidence (and even their own evidence-as in my past claim) this way.