VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sometimes The Va Distorts Information

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the find Stretch. Joe Galloway is right on target. I bookmarked the link, for future reads. I still think that the VA has the wool pulled over the eyes of this civilian world.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

In my original claim for IU the VA took part of a sentence out of the context of my doctor's letter to deny my claim. I won in the end, but I had to get another IMO to refute just those four words and it cost me. It was dirty business and just a clear attempt to deny my claim. The VA has distorted some of the issues in my CUE claim so much I did not even recognize it. That is when I got a lawyer. The VA was trying to add a medical report 15 years after the error to deny the CUE claim. They will pull the wool over anyone's eyes if they can get away with it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob

I wish we could just get interest on our retro. There has to be some punishment for the VA when it delays a claim for years via some underhand method. If there is no punishment for them like punitive damage they will just keep on doing it to vets, and only the most persistent will win. As it stands now what is to stop them from just denying claims forever? If you finally win all you get is the retro you should have gotten in the beginning. I don't even know how I won my claim for sure.

I had plenty evidence, but so what?

• HadIt.com Elder

[it was not a 'distortion' as much as the fact that they left out critical wording in a C & P report.That is reallyu the same thing anyhow-I guess-

They used part of the doctor's sentence and forgot the rest of it.]

Berta,

I had the same thing happen to me on several occations. Dr Bash's IMO's were that way. They changed the wording so the sentence meant something else.

Since Veterans benefits now come under 5th amendment laws. Does this mean evidence laws under the 5th apply? Under the fifth admendment, I don't believe evidence can be concealed or altered.

• HadIt.com Elder

If we are protected under 5th Amendment with VA we don't have to tell them anything that we don't want to.

Actually what I see here is the Court telling the VA that they are not above the law and Veterans have rights.