VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sometimes The Va Distorts Information

Rate this topic

Don't stress yourself out about what the Dr. wrote down. You can pick up a copy of her report at the VA med. center or VARO in a few weeks. Besides,... She was probably writing down something on her grocery list.,... milk, eggs, oh yea, nuts. etc. I know that the VAMCs are full of wonderful doctors, however some of the worst caregivers I have ever met, work at a VA hospital. I feel sick just driving past the place. Sorry, but that's just been my experience

thanks, i did set myself a reminder in a few weeks to get a copy of the report. it may have been just a casual remark about how that (single tasking) with my possible tbi or could have been the grocery list like you said, but it was written along the margins of a paper she was using, along with at least a dozen other shorthanded looking scribbles, so thus my paranoia. i remember bells and whistles going off, although at a distance, that i had made a comment that was one you don't make to the va. kind of like the psych had an "aha, gotcha" moment. i've had pretty supportive experiences with my vamc, just don't want that to change.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Just watch out for questions the VA can turn into a personality disorder. If you smoked a joint in high school you are a sociopath in their books.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not only does VA distort information they ignore eveidence that they have that will help Veterans. They are like the Cig Companies denying that their product caused cancer by saying there was no evidence that supports that conclusion when they had the information themselves.

Liars and cheats they should be ashamed

Pete:

I have a undergraduate degree in Psychology and I believe you just defined a sociopath=no conscience. I suppose they do testing for that trait for any position in the VA/VSO employment gene pool.

Naturally there are exceptions, which I met a VSO just yesterday, though a little, well, a lot on the uninformed side, but the vast majority neets that criteria. Good call.

If this joint was known from the start, advertised better, somehow available to newbies like me earlier in the process, it would cut the lawyer hiring and VSO joining greatly. That is unless you just want to hang out and shoot pool. Nothing wrong with that now I think about it.

PS I wonder how they would respond to me posting this site on the bulletin board at my chapter.

Edited by cannoncocker

• HadIt.com Elder

You better watch it with that psychology degree. The VA accused me of fraud based on the fact I had a degree in psychology when I made a mental health claim. That is the kind of C&P doctors you are dealing with at the VA. The exam doctor said my answers to his questions were to exact, thus fraud. I got the exam thrown out, but it took over a year. When you go for a C&P exam you have to act dumb, and try and look pitiful.