VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Need Help Please..

Rate this question

mako25

Question

I was granted tdiu by bva on june 2nd 09...I am waiting for my retro money and awards letter I figured soon..Well I get a 21-8940 form today in the mail>>.This form requests work history, doctors names ........What is going on ? Is this going to start my claim all over again..I dont know what to do I have no money left and can not wait another 4mo..Help please..

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Based on the information you gave the VA it appears that you qualify for TDIU (infer part), grant is the awarding of the IU if that makes sense.

I dont understand this whole thing..I thought when the bva granted me TDIU it was a done deal..

• HadIt.com Elder

Mako

The VA has to figure your retro. Did you give them a document that shows the date you stopped working? I got SSD before I got IU. That made it pretty easy for the VA to know the date of my IU. I think you are ok. Just wait while the VA works out these details and if you get worried ask your lawyer what is happening. He is anxious to get his fee so he has an interest in you getting your retro. The good part is that the more retro you get the more he gets so you have an advocate to get as much as possible. What prompted you to get a lawyer for this? I think it was probably a good idea. The VA infers (should) IU when they have evidence you can't work due to a SC condition. When you get the letter of IU that is a grant. They tell you that you are getting IU and what the amount is and when it started.

Mako

The VA has to figure your retro. Did you give them a document that shows the date you stopped working? I got SSD before I got IU. That made it pretty easy for the VA to know the date of my IU. I think you are ok. Just wait while the VA works out these details and if you get worried ask your lawyer what is happening. He is anxious to get his fee so he has an interest in you getting your retro. The good part is that the more retro you get the more he gets so you have an advocate to get as much as possible. What prompted you to get a lawyer for this? I think it was probably a good idea. The VA infers (should) IU when they have evidence you can't work due to a SC condition. When you get the letter of IU that is a grant. They tell you that you are getting IU and what the amount is and when it started.

Do you mean the letter I got from my hearing (bva)? I am sorry, I am very confused and desperate.

• HadIt.com Elder

HOLD IT!

TIME OUT!

Well, folks, the referee has called to the sidelines and they are bringing the chain out to measure it......it looks good....but we'll have to get the Official's Word.

What I'm getting at is this:

WE (meaning us folks here on the hadit board) do not know if you have a 1st and 10 or not.

So, instead of dragging the chains out......how about you just tell us, instead, what you have and have not received from the VA?

What have you received from the VA..........not what your lawyer is telling you....but what you have actually received, in the mail, from the VA.

Do you have an "award" letter (it'll say, like, "Department of Veterans Affairs" and then the Regional Office and the regional office's address.

Then it'll have your name and your VA file (claim) number and who is representing you (your lawyer's name), then it'll say "Introduction" (tells about your service and dates and what you have as far as a claim is concerned (veteran has filed a claim for such and such)...

THEN IT WILL HAVE THE DECISION.

And, if you have such a letter, WHAT does the "DECISION" say?

Then, when we know what the decision IS, then we can help you better understand what is going on with your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

When the BVA, CVA or AMC rule they often send it back to the VARO to finish up. Why not just call or send IRIS to clear it up.

HOLD IT!

TIME OUT!

Well, folks, the referee has called to the sidelines and they are bringing the chain out to measure it......it looks good....but we'll have to get the Official's Word.

What I'm getting at is this:

WE (meaning us folks here on the hadit board) do not know if you have a 1st and 10 or not.

So, instead of dragging the chains out......how about you just tell us, instead, what you have and have not received from the VA?

What have you received from the VA..........not what your lawyer is telling you....but what you have actually received, in the mail, from the VA.

Do you have an "award" letter (it'll say, like, "Department of Veterans Affairs" and then the Regional Office and the regional office's address.

Then it'll have your name and your VA file (claim) number and who is representing you (your lawyer's name), then it'll say "Introduction" (tells about your service and dates and what you have as far as a claim is concerned (veteran has filed a claim for such and such)...

THEN IT WILL HAVE THE DECISION.

And, if you have such a letter, WHAT does the "DECISION" say?

Then, when we know what the decision IS, then we can help you better understand what is going on with your claim.

What I got was my decision from the bva it granted me tdiu the award was dated 02JUNE09. Today I received a letter from the RO it said in reguardsto your appeals decision wich granted entitlements to individual unemployability benefits..Prior to processing your entitlements to individual unemployability, however we need to complete VA form 21-8940, Veterans application for increased compensation based on unemployability and return it..Thats it...