VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Wednesday For Mrvet

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

According to the buddy statement stressor #1 by another who served with MRvet filed on 4-2-05 on 21-4138 he states"I was a helicopter crew chief in 1968. I was stationed at Danang and Red Beach with the 478th Aviation CO. I traveled north to Camp Evans and beyond during the day, and back to Danang air strip on Red Beach at night. I recall several incidients of rocket and mortar attacks that happened during the time I spent there from April-Oct 1968" --second stressor: April 1968 "the day before PS was shot down and killed in the Ashau Valley we were at base camp at Red Beach, the TET was in full bloom all compounds around the area were hit at once that nite VC infitrated the compound and there was small arms and mortar fire: I was blown from my position and lost track of PS,VC infiltrators were fought off that nite till dawn gunships were deployed -that am i was treated for scrapes and abrasions and released - PS flew off to supply UNK-helicopter took hits in the cockpit and exploded (MRVet and he were friends)

Claim filed 1998: The BVA remand states" In a Jan 08 SSOC the RO found that the evidence demonstrated mortar attacks on the veterans base in Danang from April-Oct 1968' and records verified the death of PS who the veteran reported had been a friend-

the Board concurs that to this extent these events have been verified, but the other events the veteran claimed to have witnessed during service in Vietnam have not been identified with sufficient specificity to warrant further efforts of verification"

(his original stressor was 10 pages) before we realized about who-what-when and where-

#2: the Board finds evidence of record that the veteran served at Danang when that base received rocket and mortar attacks and that the left leg injury claimed to have been incurred at that time is consistent with the circumstances of his service . As there is no medical evidence relating a present left leg disorder to active service an additional VA exam is required------

(then they did a VA exam on his leg,last week, it took 12 years)

question: so are they even considering the buddy statement stressor #1 or is it being linked into the mortar attacks ?

and I believe in the DSM_IV manual"witnessing or learning about the death of another "

also applies-?

AND WHY DID IT TAKE THEM THREE YEARS TO VERIFY BUDDY STATEMENT :D

should it be mentioned to the examiner he is on SS for PTSD since 03' as well as unemployable -

the last one didnt even read the c-file or she would have known which VA psych,originally treated him in 01'!! she had to ask me-after they released me from security where she had me put if you read this saga before!

CP exam is Wednesday-replies appreciated-Thanks Mrsvet :)

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
According to the buddy statement stressor #1 by another who served with MRvet filed on 4-2-05 on 21-4138 he states"I was a helicopter crew chief in 1968. I was stationed at Danang and Red Beach with the 478th Aviation CO. I traveled north to Camp Evans and beyond during the day, and back to Danang air strip on Red Beach at night. I recall several incidients of rocket and mortar attacks that happened during the time I spent there from April-Oct 1968" --second stressor: April 1968 "the day before PS was shot down and killed in the Ashau Valley we were at base camp at Red Beach, the TET was in full bloom all compounds around the area were hit at once that nite VC infitrated the compound and there was small arms and mortar fire: I was blown from my position and lost track of PS,VC infiltrators were fought off that nite till dawn gunships were deployed -that am i was treated for scrapes and abrasions and released - PS flew off to supply UNK-helicopter took hits in the cockpit and exploded (MRVet and he were friends)

Claim filed 1998: The BVA remand states" In a Jan 08 SSOC the RO found that the evidence demonstrated mortar attacks on the veterans base in Danang from April-Oct 1968' and records verified the death of PS who the veteran reported had been a friend-

the Board concurs that to this extent these events have been verified, but the other events the veteran claimed to have witnessed during service in Vietnam have not been identified with sufficient specificity to warrant further efforts of verification"

(his original stressor was 10 pages) before we realized about who-what-when and where-

#2: the Board finds evidence of record that the veteran served at Danang when that base received rocket and mortar attacks and that the left leg injury claimed to have been incurred at that time is consistent with the circumstances of his service . As there is no medical evidence relating a present left leg disorder to active service an additional VA exam is required------

(then they did a VA exam on his leg,last week, it took 12 years)

question: so are they even considering the buddy statement stressor #1 or is it being linked into the mortar attacks ?

and I believe in the DSM_IV manual"witnessing or learning about the death of another "

also applies-?

AND WHY DID IT TAKE THEM THREE YEARS TO VERIFY BUDDY STATEMENT :D

should it be mentioned to the examiner he is on SS for PTSD since 03' as well as unemployable -

the last one didnt even read the c-file or she would have known which VA psych,originally treated him in 01'!! she had to ask me-after they released me from security where she had me put if you read this saga before!

CP exam is Wednesday-replies appreciated-Thanks Mrsvet :)

CP exam is Wednesday-replies appreciated-Thanks Mrsvet

I remember what happened to you. I would most definitely mention the Social Security for the PTSD and also the unemployable since 2003.

Has he turned in the TDIU form to the VA for Unemployable?

Be sure and go back with your husband for this C&P for it is most important.

Always,

Betty Just one of the Guys!

I remember what happened to you. I would most definitely mention the Social Security for the PTSD and also the unemployable since 2003.

Always,

Betty,

we turned in the TDIU back in 06'- the thing is they know he hasnt worked since-his NSC pension- and they offset that with his SS anyway-the lawyer wants to go to this one-what can they do there and they probably wont even let them in-but you can be sure I'm going! what do you think with the stressors being verified? and dont forget they admitted PTSD in the SSOC- and then changed it after they verified stressors.

Thanks Mrsvet

Always,

they also deferred TDIU- until when? I know you've been thru it!