VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Copy Of Cp

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

I requested a copy of my QTC exam today when I called the 1800#, I was told that doing so would slow down my claim. Can anyone give me advice on whether I should wait or get a copy now? Thanks.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That is bull. Get the copy. If you read the exam you can get a pretty good idea of how your claim may go. The VA just does not want to take the trouble to provide you the copy. I have never heard that asking for a copy of your C&P exam will slow down your claim. Never trust the 800 number people. You should perhaps send an IRIS request for the exam copy.

Always get copies of everything. Don't listen to anyone about retrieving your records/papers/files/info. Just do it and request it!

I requested a copy of my QTC exam today when I called the 1800#, I was told that doing so would slow down my claim. Can anyone give me advice on whether I should wait or get a copy now? Thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder

Classic example of how a bureaucracy will confuse and delay a simple task. Where are these 800# operators trained? What level of experience do they have? Are they just puppets of the VA's raters' group?

No, that is not correct. I had my CP exam on the 17th of June. I went down to the VA Hosiptal and had them make me a copy of the report right there. It took approximately 25mins.

Roy

I requested the copy anyway I don't think that it will delay my claim either; just wanted to know if anyone else has run into the same problem. Thanks all.

No, that is not correct. I had my CP exam on the 17th of June. I went down to the VA Hosiptal and had them make me a copy of the report right there. It took approximately 25mins.

Roy

There is also a difference when the C&P examination is done at the VAMC

versus outside of the VAMC.

carlie