VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

runnenbare

Question

I got my papers back from the VA denied,( hypertension, ibs, gerd, ed ) all denied not connected to Ptsd with Depression and Anxiety. They talked like I did not have PTSD until I was DX with it in 2006 as if I had no problems with PTSD before then. I sent them a copy of the report from Dr. Boscarino Senior Scientist for New York Academy of Medication stating that PTSD causes thes problems and a letter from my Dr. stating that in his openion these were as least as likely as not caused from PTSD with Depression and Anxiety.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Is there any medical record in existence that said you had depression or PTSD before you got the PTSD DX? The VA does the same thing with other diseases as well not SCing secondary conditions that were dx'ed before the primary dx. DmII for instance.

• HadIt.com Elder

I know that you are disappointed but you need to gear up and fight them point by point on where and how that their decision is wrong.

Hadit can help

Good Luck

Just Depression in 2001 but not by va and they know about it. I am running out of any desire to fight them. I don't think I have a Dr that knows how to rebutt them. I have another claim that I sent about a week ago th try to get my PTSD % increased but with my luck the will decrease it. I just don't have the energy anymore.

I am familiar with Dr. Boscarino's work and have seen his studies both rejected as well as accepted by the BVA_if supported by additional medical evidence.

Why did they reject the supporting letter from your doctor?

I hope he or she gave VA a full medical rationale.

Physical problems can be secondary to or aggravated by PTSD or any other mental health condition.

The hard part is to get a doctor with enough expertise to tie it all together.

A Psychiatrist's opinion should be valid because they are not only experts in field of mental disorders but are also MDs too.

A psychologist however cannopt meet that criteria to opine as to the physical disabilities that could stem from mental ones.

It has been done.

I forgot to add-that goes for the VA too-

what I mean is their "expert" opinions are only as good as the so called expert's expertise.

When the BVA remanded my claim for a Cardiologist's opinion-I was thrilled. But the C & P was done by a PA!

I had no doubt at all that a cardio doc would agree with my claim.

When I got the C & P results-it was a pleasure to knock the faulty opinion down with full medical rationale.

I had paid for a cardio IMO # 4 just in case but the award came before the Cardio doc had time to even read my stuff.

My point is that if your C & P doc was not qualified to render the opinion this is one point you should stress to the VA.

PAs and nurses can be quite smart and capable but usually do not have the specific medical background needed to opine on many of our claims.

I would think this fact enhances how lay testimony should be probative testimony when a vet had good medical references to support their claim.

I hope they fully considered the IMO you had. DID they?

Just Depression in 2001 but not by va and they know about it. I am running out of any desire to fight them. I don't think I have a Dr that knows how to rebutt them. I have another claim that I sent about a week ago th try to get my PTSD % increased but with my luck the will decrease it. I just don't have the energy anymore.

No,no..Believe me do not give up thats what they want.Stay right here and take all advise given.I was med boarded from the CG after 12yrs for uncontrolled hypertension and migraine HAs..I was involved in numerous rescue ops that involved body recovery, I knew inside these thins were taking a toll on me.. After my med retirement ,things became worse, unable to hold a job no matter how hard I tried. My doctors told me I was suffering from PTSD and that the HA and Hypertension were all part of it. I received counseling for two yrs with some short term help..I then opened a new claim with VA for PTSD I fought them for 11yrs until they could no longer deny my claim because of numerous reports from Drs, and physics,. I just was awarded TDIU by the bva . My symptoms have continued to worsen to this day my hypertension, my headaches and nightmares continue.I guess what I am tring to say is please don't give up.