VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams, Surveys Or Dianostics

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

Trying to do some research

What are the types of Exam possible at my C&P or other mental health appointments

Edited by sgmdae

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

A C & P exam can be for any service connection you claim

example:

depression( PTDS or mood or anxiety major depressive disorders and many others) under depression

prostate problems

bladder problems

review your doctor (s) notes to see if you have a diagnosis and then look up the system under CFR 38 part 4 this may start

Edited by pacmanx1

I edited my question, it was as clear as mud

What I was looking for, it what might they give me at my C&P

I heard so names like Miss. something, Bonsai, said about an exam the do to show honesty etc and etc

Being honest is the best way to go! But it is OK to be confused, because if that's the way you feel, then that is the truth. Don't try to make it complicated, because the C&P exam is just part of what the rater will base their decision on. The letter you received for your C&P exam should tell you what the C&P exam will be for. It is my understanding that a different C&P will be given for each diagnosis claimed, but I may be wrong. If so, someone will correct me, because we all learn together here. B)

Bonzai

I know this Exam is for PTSD, you mention to me about dianostics, personality surveys, they give sometimes. You warned me about about one of them, can you give that name

• HadIt.com Elder
Being honest is the best way to go! But it is OK to be confused, because if that's the way you feel, then that is the truth. Don't try to make it complicated, because the C&P exam is just part of what the rater will base their decision on. The letter you received for your C&P exam should tell you what the C&P exam will be for. It is my understanding that a different C&P will be given for each diagnosis claimed, but I may be wrong. If so, someone will correct me, because we all learn together here. B)

When I turned in my claims for orthopaedic problems, there was one for my left knee and right knee and another for my right and left hips and another for my lumbar/lower back.

They had the C&P performed by the same doc on the same visit (including the X-rays, they just "stood me up and started shootin'". By the time they were done with the X-rays and CAT scans, then he just made his report on the whole mess which is my body!