VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams, Surveys Or Dianostics

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

Trying to do some research

What are the types of Exam possible at my C&P or other mental health appointments

Edited by sgmdae

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Next Thursday

They did it quickly, I applied 6/2/09 stessor verified on 7/14/2009

only a couple very short MHC visits, they did put me on a suicide prevention plan, if that had anything to do with it

sgm,

What was your stressor and how do you feel is has been verified by VA.

What procedure did VA use to verify your stressor?

carlie

I submiited my copies of awards, CIB, bronze stars, Air medal Arcom/V, RVN Cross of Gallantry, and Star and Stripes article for being surrounded by the NVA, and call their location without being detected, my 214 has all on it, and IRIS told me that verified my stressor throgh National Archive or their system can't remember. Buddy letters, unit awards, and major battles where my unit was recognized and awarded.

Hamburger Hill, my last major battle in RVN, two TET offensives with individual awards as well as unit awards. All I know I got a call and they asked me if I could be at C&P Exam in one week. WOW, what a surprise!!! They sent me a map, from my domicle, and told me they were going to payme mileage, or arrange transportation. This is unusual isn't it

I submiited my copies of awards, CIB, bronze stars, Air medal Arcom/V, RVN Cross of Gallantry, and Star and Stripes article for being surrounded by the NVA, and call their location without being detected, my 214 has all on it, and IRIS told me that verified my stressor throgh National Archive or their system can't remember. Buddy letters, unit awards, and major battles where my unit was recognized and awarded.

Hamburger Hill, my last major battle in RVN, two TET offensives with individual awards as well as unit awards. All I know I got a call and they asked me if I could be at C&P Exam in one week. WOW, what a surprise!!! They sent me a map, from my domicle, and told me they were going to payme mileage, or arrange transportation. This is unusual isn't it

smg,

Bronze stars - how many did you get ?

Of all you mentioned the CIB is about all that is needed to show combat veteran

and lessen the stressor requirement, if everything else falls in line.

I feel for VA to arrange transportation for you would certainly be unusual

and I've never heard of it being done.

jmho,

carlie

QUOTE (sgmdae @ Aug 23 2009, 12:47 AM) post_snapback.gifI submiited my copies of awards, CIB, bronze stars, Air medal Arcom/V, RVN Cross of Gallantry, and Star and Stripes article for being surrounded by the NVA, and call their location without being detected, my 214 has all on it, and IRIS told me that verified my stressor throgh National Archive or their system can't remember. Buddy letters, unit awards, and major battles where my unit was recognized and awarded.

smg,

jmho,

carlie

Due to my conditions and my finances VA used to arrange me transportation to and from all my appointments. Now I have to make it on my own. It is something that can be done through the social workers office but they don't like to tell you that. So It could be very possible

Edited by pacmanx1

smg,

jmho,

carlie

Yes, they went out of there way to make sure I get there, two Bronze Stars, there was a couple awards I didn't know I had until I unpacked some boxes, and got my official file. It was a confused time,

just place my alert up, when I came out of MH appointment and hour later a call. But i am calm now and ready for the next step C&P