VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have The Ball Rolling ?

Rate this question

erico541

Question

i am currentky rated at 90% 50%depression 30%left hand 30% right hand 20%left foot20%right foot 10%tinnitus 10%broken clavicle i just filed for tdiu and ssdi like you folks had suggested i have not worked for several months as i just can't i am 46 yrs old. voc re-hab fellow said he thinks i should just do volunteer work and not try to work anymore. what advice might you have for me on how to properly proceed with this,,, is ssdi as rough to receive as i have read? any help is good i just filed for ssdi today and mailed the lettere to the DAV as well today thanks you folks always have great advice ps my daughter just left for bootcamp today God Bless Her

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

First, yes God Bless your daughter and lot of power to her as well as you. Side note: have her send every medical record copy home whenever possible, even if in sealed envelope, for safe keeping. Papers can get lost in military travels. Note any medical reaction to shots or chemical warfare training during bootcamp.

Voc rehab should be clear that you should not or cannot work anymore. Please be cautious about having anyone say on paper that you should do volunteer work. If you read around here, any suggestion that you can do work, including volunteer 'work' should be avoided if you are incapable of gainful employment.

Do ask for a clear statement, if possible. Also ask for a complete copy of your vocational rehabilitation records, they are kept seperately than service medical records and Cfiles. Hope you have copies of your SMR and Cfiles. read and re-read those.

SSDI, have you got enough credits in for benefits? thats the first question. If yes, then proceed with the application, using the most disabiling issue that keeps you from working. It wasnt a bad process for me all in all, after I qualified for benefits. If your main disability just happens to be service connected condition with supportive medical documentation, very good, often that helps with VA unemployability. Nothing is sure though.

Have you filed for increase for service connected conditions lately? If you believe, and have medical documentation that confims you are unemployable due to SC issues, thats gold. Do consider what advice your VSO gives.

Do update us and let us know what you need.

Best to ya,

Cowgirl'up2009!

i am currentky rated at 90% 50%depression 30%left hand 30% right hand 20%left foot20%right foot 10%tinnitus 10%broken clavicle i just filed for tdiu and ssdi like you folks had suggested i have not worked for several months as i just can't i am 46 yrs old. voc re-hab fellow said he thinks i should just do volunteer work and not try to work anymore. what advice might you have for me on how to properly proceed with this,,, is ssdi as rough to receive as i have read? any help is good i just filed for ssdi today and mailed the lettere to the DAV as well today thanks you folks always have great advice ps my daughter just left for bootcamp today God Bless Her
Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

You have done the hard part. By the way for me SSDI was a walk in the park compared to VA

If Voc Rehab documented that your SC disabilities prevent Voc Rehab for being feasible for you-this is excellent evidence for TDIU claim.

I remember very well the day my baby girl went off to Lackland USAF base.

She served 7 years and I am very proud of her!.

I know you feel that way too,and I sure commend your daughter!

erico541

You just got some great advice from what i call some of the best on this webb.they sure helped me get through some hard times which helped me calm down when i needed it. put their advice in favorites. good luck and never quit.