VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stimulus Payments

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

I did not recieve my stimulus payment and called the 800 number and reported it. I was told there was a committee that was hadling these claims and my information would be forwarded to them for review. I was called a few days later and told that I was entitled to the payment and a notice was being sent to the Treasury Dept to issue my payment. I am thankful that they realized there was an error and they are trying to fix the error. However, I still have not recieved anything. Is there anyone else out there with a similar situation and have you received your payment yet? I'm trying to get a feel for how long it should take as well as let other Veterans know that the issue is being fixed.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I did not recieve my stimulus payment and called the 800 number and reported it. I was told there was a committee that was hadling these claims and my information would be forwarded to them for review. I was called a few days later and told that I was entitled to the payment and a notice was being sent to the Treasury Dept to issue my payment. I am thankful that they realized there was an error and they are trying to fix the error. However, I still have not recieved anything. Is there anyone else out there with a similar situation and have you received your payment yet? I'm trying to get a feel for how long it should take as well as let other Veterans know that the issue is being fixed.

Disabled vets should have recevied their stimulus payment for this year, no later than the end of July. I am however, still waiting for my stimulus payment from last year. LOL.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

Guys sorry you all are still waiting for your checks. I actually got mine several months ago and didn't even know it was on the way till after i got it. I hope it comes soon.

Disabled vets should have recevied their stimulus payment for this year, no later than the end of July. I am however, still waiting for my stimulus payment from last year. LOL.

No check here.

I started to recieve disability in Feb 09. It was retro back to Nov 08. I was told I wasn't eligable for the stimulus because even thou I received disability for Nov and Dec of 08 I wasn't receiving checks for that year. Didn't make a lot of sense but I took their word for it.

Bill

I still haven't gotten mine either. I did get the letter a few months ago saying I would get,,, I just didn't get it. I also get SSI. I called back in June,,, they said they sent my SSI to the wrong account. Now,,, I did change accounts back in April and my May SSI went into the wrong account. I was credited for that mistake but was told the stim. credit will hit my account "sometime this year." LOL

I'm still waiting. Guess I'll give them a call Tuesday and ask if they meant Fiscal year or regular year. :D

Tayo

I have not got mine.  

I think everyone should also contact the wonderful veteran service organizations that agreed to this payment in exchange for laying off pushing politicians to fully fund the Veterans Heath System.  I know I am going to get shot at for making a political comment on here. The truth and a reason why I will refuse to join the VFW and American Legion is that these organizations caved to this offer of stimulus for silence and the Government never even paid.  In order for the VA to pay they have to get the funding from the Treasury Dept. which has not happened FULLY.

This stimulus payment was nothing more than a payoff to keep quite about the despicable act of not fully funding the VA health system that has been going on for decades.

In my humble opinion I think the VA can keep their stimulus payment and fully fund VA heath system.  I guess I am just going miss out on both quality full funded care and stimulus payment.  Looks like a win win for the other guy in my case. 

My disclaimer is that the local chapters of the the organizations I mentioned are full of good people it is the national leadership of the VFW and American Legion that are disgraceful.