VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Fix Someone Else Mistake?

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I feel like a real idiot but here goes, I put in for TDIU last year in Novmeber. I got The usual denail Notice whihc I had figured on and went on to look at what I could fight them on. I made some progress with asking for an increase on my back since I had been lowballed but I am now an expert much like you all on this. What I found out today like a dummy was that the "Nice Lady" who helped me with the form in the office last year was that she listened to me describe that my heart was still giving me trouble and after a recent exam by the VA I was stayed for the 60% and figured it was going good. Now it appears that the lady wrote only hypertension not Hyptertensive heart disease in the box which list the reasons why you are apllying. What if anything can I do at this point as I Know that being at 80% I would probally need at least another 60% to get close to getting 100% and witht he VA nothing is going to go right with me. I have started the claim for my back with a civillian Nuero surgeon who wants to implant one of them Pain blocking electronic things in my body to stop or help the trhobing in my legs due to the nerve damage in my SC back. Any ideas or thought on this would help me out at thsi time. I have checked with SS but I was retired only for Migraines which I am serivce connected and PTSD which is not SC. I am sure someone has an idea on which way I should go. Right now I more mad at myself for not making sure she had written down everything I told her and not being refused for a simple mistake that I should have caught I hope it helps someone.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Hello I feel like a real idiot but here goes, I put in for TDIU last year in Novmeber. I got The usual denail Notice whihc I had figured on and went on to look at what I could fight them on. I made some progress with asking for an increase on my back since I had been lowballed but I am now an expert much like you all on this. What I found out today like a dummy was that the "Nice Lady" who helped me with the form in the office last year was that she listened to me describe that my heart was still giving me trouble and after a recent exam by the VA I was stayed for the 60% and figured it was going good. Now it appears that the lady wrote only hypertension not Hyptertensive heart disease in the box which list the reasons why you are apllying. What if anything can I do at this point as I Know that being at 80% I would probally need at least another 60% to get close to getting 100% and witht he VA nothing is going to go right with me. I have started the claim for my back with a civillian Nuero surgeon who wants to implant one of them Pain blocking electronic things in my body to stop or help the trhobing in my legs due to the nerve damage in my SC back. Any ideas or thought on this would help me out at thsi time. I have checked with SS but I was retired only for Migraines which I am serivce connected and PTSD which is not SC. I am sure someone has an idea on which way I should go. Right now I more mad at myself for not making sure she had written down everything I told her and not being refused for a simple mistake that I should have caught I hope it helps someone.

Amend you claim to include hypertensive heart disease.

Old man, are you getting a separate rating for the hypertension? ( not included with the heart disease)

J

Yes here is the break down 10% SC hypertension, 60% Hypertensive heart disease SC to my chronic Hypertension for 20 plus years. 30% SC Migraines (vascular in nature) secondary to Hypertension 10% DDD (Back) I was lowballed on that and 10% for Tinunittis I was applying since my heart has not gotten any better and actually had gotten thicker by the Echo cardiogram test results. My back had gotten worse and I figured that I met the reqirements on the IU but I have a lot to learn. I am going to have to write my own claims up I guess from now on. Shoot with the VA they try to squirm out of anything they can but I am not going to get into a rut about it. I just wanted to do something since my wife has had to use up her vacation time a lot this year to come home from work when my back goes out and baby set me. I have been falling a lot on account of my left leg going out on me. My civllian Doctor got me set up with a nerve conduction test next week to see how bad it is. I hate to rattle on but I wanted to lay out the whole thing for you to look at. It pissed me off they took the easy way out of it figuring I woul roll over and accept their descion. Have a good evening and thanks for any advice you can offer........

• HadIt.com Elder

Good, at least they are playing somewhat fair. Another question,

Has your Ejection fraction changed since your rating of 60 percent?

If so, can you post whatit is?

J

Good, at least they are playing somewhat fair. Another question,

Has your Ejection fraction changed since your rating of 60 percent?

If so, can you post whatit is?

J

Same as it was before they awarded me problem I have had was in the past I got to sweating for no reason at all I knew my heart was acting up when i did that so now I think it may have goten bigger shoot that muscle is one I do not want to over work but so far I am still kicking. I just thought I had them by the short hairs but they have me right now. The only two CMP I had was for the IU claim was a hypertension exam and the Migraine exam no heart or anything else. To me they are cherry picking but maybe I can ammend it so they can go back and look at my back and I will have a shot at it. What worries me is that everytime I lay down my heart does this rapid hard beating but I keep waking up so I am good so far. I have the swelling in my legs but that stuff has been going on ever since my heart started acting up. Any ideas you or others might have let me know one guy at the VA clinic told me not to rock the boat but the way I figure if I got cut on something I figure I am getting better but when they do their best to deny deny that is what is what is just wrong. Thanks for your help I am going to knock off for tonight. One thing I can say is that the pain has cut my appitie way down I have lost like 60 pounds so far since March. I just have no urge to eat.....