VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have Ptsd And Orders To Deploy

Rate this question

bob barker

Question

i had a c&p exam first of the month, i was diagnosed with ptsd and a gaf score of 52. thats about all i know about the report. now i am waiting for my disability % from ptsd and my(forget what they call it) board of appeals apt. about my back arthritis,hearing loss, ringing ears and a couple others since they have all been denied. one week ago i got orders to deploy in oct in support of OIF. i am stuck in a rut about deploying, i know i can get out of it but i might go through with it anyways. i just wish i knew what i would get for my ptsd rating. and will they let me deploy with ptsd?

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob:

Welcome to Hadit. If you are deployable don't look for a high rating from VA. If they grant I would guess 30%

If you have PTSD you probably should not go over there. Just my opinion

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not deploy if I were you. It may make your PTSD worse. You are going to be subjected to more stressors. A GAF of 52 means you have some serious symptoms.

thanks for the reply's.

in the army's eyes i am deployable since my army medical records are relatively empty. my VA records on the other hand are a different story. i am planing on going to where my orders tell me to go and just tell them everything is fine and deploy. then come back to the states and continue my VA claim. doing so could this some how mess my claim up?

i dont think i said this but i am in the IRR and just got orders out of the blue. i got out of the army jan 2008.

what happens if i go to the mobilization and tell them all of my conditions? do i get a medical discharge?

Have your doctor write a statment that you are unable to deploy at this time due to the severity of your PTSD.

this is awful to say but it depends on how qualified u r by army terms and how desperate they r for troops. pitiful to even write that but true. i wish u the best. u need to be honest with them about ur condition. u do not want to do a disservice to the troops around u. think about it....if u get over there and something triggers it, who knows how u will react. be honest with them!!