VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Work History On Va Form 21-8940

Rate this question

jack81mm

Question

Hello,

A little background. Deployed Iraq wid guard unit title 10 from 2002 to 2004. After release from AD I havent worked wid any full-time sustainable work. I have continued to work wid guard bout 50 days a yr. I have only continued to work wid guard cause its only 2 days a month and I slip under the radar from ANYONE detecting my behaviour till recently. I havent worked anything under the table to survive and dont need much income. I just have tried to work but for no more than few days. My PTSD symptoms mostly prevents me from showin up on time, takin direction, concentration, memory and my short temper anger outbursts prevent me from any social communication as well as the well being of others.

On VA form 21-8940 # 16. LIST ALL YOUR EMPLOYMENT INCLUDING SELF-EMPLOYMENT FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS YOU WORKED. SO that means not just list work from the last 5 calender yrs but ALL from last 5 yrs.

So as an example if you worked in 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005 but not in 2006, 2007, 2008 or 2009 You would answer wid the first four dates(the last 5 yrs u worked) not just from 2005 to 2009 (the last 5 yr pd.) Anybody see it a different way???

And would only full-time be considered or part-time work be included?

Also if the only work u performed in the last 5 yrs worked was MDAY (drilling weekend) national guard work would that be listed as work?

And would this guard work be considered a sufficient answer even though guard is considered part time job?

To make this more clear I answer the question listing only guard as the only job I have worked for the last 5 yrs I have worked. Would that be correct???

Does the VA care on an IU claim bout the accountability/reason of ur presence outside of the 5 yr work pd? For example why u didnt work this yr or that yr cause of suspicion of how one can survive w/o working.

Hope my meds havent kicked in so as to be confusing.

THX

JACK

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Jack,

"LIST ALL YOUR EMPLOYMENT INCLUDING SELF-EMPLOYMENT FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS YOU WORKED."

Go back to your last job, full time, part time, whatever you had, and list them going back for 5 years from your last employment.

Were you on good terms with your bosses? The reason I ask is I had three former employers say that I left due to moving when I left due to SC disabilities. Some of them didn't respond, the VA used this against Me.

Do you have you SMR's, VA MR's and c-file yet I would have requested them in person from my VARO before I submitted my claim for TDIU, had I known better.

Good Luck,

BoonDoc

purple.......military no doubt, well what?????? If u read my post well I said Im not working. Guard or anyone!!!!! Im not hiding anything genius!!! Im looking for answers based on my post so as to understand exactly how to complete the VA form.

SO do u really have any logical comments?????

And as I said I have PTSD so I talk straight forward and dont pull any punches in cases like dis. Before u take offense u should look in the mirror before u pass judgement

I Would like to hear them

JACK

Work is work. The VA has your SSAN.

If you are trying to claim IU and still working....military no doubt, well...........

Don't use up all your ATTITUDE on Purple, save some of it for the VA. The best way to get help is to attack the people that would other wise help you. I have PTSD, am straight forward, but am not RUDE. Enought said.

Sharon,

I dont use PTSD as an excuse. Just that maybe folks ought to be careful before they provoke folks. He deserved it. And I have plenty left. Im an Infantry soldier. LOL

BoonDoc,

Yes I have SMRS, etc. I feel Ive been advised fairly by VSO and Legion rep but still undecided.

And my main interest is completin the form correctly. Would u just put National Guard if its the only u job u have had in the last 5 yrs. Even its part-time????

Im really wantin to decide if that would be acceptable by VA. Make sense???

On decent terms wid bosses. What I hear is VA tries to get response from them in reasonable time. If not, they dont hold it against u and make a decision.

I can see how that was used against u even though I dont agree wid them. Its not ur fault or responsibility.

Any more thoughts

JACK

Jack,

"LIST ALL YOUR EMPLOYMENT INCLUDING SELF-EMPLOYMENT FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS YOU WORKED."

Go back to your last job, full time, part time, whatever you had, and list them going back for 5 years from your last employment.

Were you on good terms with your bosses? The reason I ask is I had three former employers say that I left due to moving when I left due to SC disabilities. Some of them didn't respond, the VA used this against Me.

Do you have you SMR's, VA MR's and c-file yet I would have requested them in person from my VARO before I submitted my claim for TDIU, had I known better.

Good Luck,

BoonDoc