VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New To Tbi

Rate this question

bob barker

Question

I never new what TBI is until i came in this forum. i am a iraq vet that was involvedin several IED's and a c-4 blast that was VERY close and reverberated in-between buildings. i have been reading what side effects are associated with TBI and i feel i could have it. the symptoms that i have are PTSD, neck pain, mood/anger and ringing ears(that i know of). Now my question is how do i go about getting checked out for this? just go to my doctor and request a TBI screening?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm sorry you have the TBI but I'm happy to hear things are progressing well for you as far as diagnoses.

Are you married? If not is there someone going to the VA with you or will help?

I've had a hard time advocating for myself and it was very difficult to get my thoughts across to doctor and such. For TBI veterans it is much more important that we have someone looking out for us. The VA can try to skip out on some possible treatments that may help and sometimes will not evaluate fully. It helps to have an extra set of ears around when dealing with them. The fact that you had not been screened untill now kinda confirms that.

Yep, the tests can be stressfull. They are important though. I'm glad to hear you are being fully evaluated. The next step should be a treatment plan when your test results come back. I don't know wich VA facility your at but some are better than others. You might want to go to the AVBI forum and read about others experiences at different facilities or start a thread and ask about yours. They are very knowledgable about treatment options and VA programs that the VA doesn't fully disclose for TBI.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

Have you filed a claim for benifits yet? I think it's time to do so.