VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Me Please

Rate this question

wwjr

Question

:D Aftering receiving letter from VA stating they have all information from me in reference to my claim for disabiity (Sept 1, 2009)and they will contact me if they need more information, there is no need to contact them. Will I have to have a exam from VA and how long does it take for them to contact you for this exam. (Gave them copies of all medical records (VA claims they can not find my medical record from the VA hospital I attended after leaving the service in 1969) This record has lots of my medical information in it and it will be very helpful to use in my filing. Hospital closed in early 90's.(VA medical center in Baltmore, MD--33rd street) If anyone knows how to go about retreiving this medical record, please let me know. I have tried the Perry point location in Perry point, maryland and the Greene Street location in Baltimore, Maryland and those lazy folks can not give me an answer.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Medical records should have been scanned into CPRS. ( Clinical Patient Records system).

You should be able to access them at the local VA facility.

X rays were scanned into the PACS system and are accsiable.

J

Edited by jbasser

;) Aftering receiving letter from VA stating they have all information from me in reference to my claim for disabiity (Sept 1, 2009)and they will contact me if they need more information, there is no need to contact them. Will I have to have a exam from VA and how long does it take for them to contact you for this exam. (Gave them copies of all medical records (VA claims they can not find my medical record from the VA hospital I attended after leaving the service in 1969) This record has lots of my medical information in it and it will be very helpful to use in my filing. Hospital closed in early 90's.(VA medical center in Baltmore, MD--33rd street) If anyone knows how to go about retreiving this medical record, please let me know. I have tried the Perry point location in Perry point, maryland and the Greene Street location in Baltimore, Maryland and those lazy folks can not give me an answer.
e-mail www.iris.gov and ask the question or call 1-800 827-1000 and wait till it ask about disability programs which i think is #3 push that and wait till the end and talk to a va rep!-

Bill