VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Appeal Calculations And Decision Reassessment

Rate this question

newguy27

Question

Wondering if increased ratings after appeals are subject to the weird VA math? I heard they are face value. Ex. Original overall rating of 50% with two 0% ratings which are later granted (after appeal) to 10% each.. so, the original 50% + 10% + 10% for a total of 70%. Is this correct or would I need the special calculator to figure it out?!

Also, are certain ratings reassessed/reevaluated overtime/in the future simply because of being a high rating? Ex. 50% "Depression" could be reevaluated in 5 or 10 years for potential increases or decreases. Does the determination letter from the VA, under "Reasons for Decision", need to specifically state a requirement for future exams?

Thank you

Edited by newguy27

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome,

Yes, do use the special calculator to double check, some bilateral figures could come into play.

From my years with compensation, the regulations and such on Hadit front page, individual disabilities are subject to adjusted ratings, because conditions could change. Usually permanent and total applies to a veterans overall condition if unemployable or totaly disabled. Meaning, from what I see it doesn't apply ala cart to each issue. There must be exceptions though, I'm not sure of.

The 'Reasons for Decisions' reads for the condition they rated and I don't beleive it 'needs' to state a requirement for future exams.

Hope anything I posted sort of makes sense, its only some of my limited experience and simple opinions. The first page of Hadit has listed the regulations that rule disability compensation ratings and how they are determined, dry reading - but helpful for asking questions here too!

Tell us more - what increased rating? for what condition?

Best to ya,

Cowgirl'up2009!

Wondering if increased ratings after appeals are subject to the weird VA math? I heard they are face value. Ex. Original overall rating of 50% with two 0% ratings which are later granted (after appeal) to 10% each.. so, the original 50% + 10% + 10% for a total of 70%. Is this correct or would I need the special calculator to figure it out?!

Also, are certain ratings reassessed/reevaluated overtime/in the future simply because of being a high rating? Ex. 50% "Depression" could be reevaluated in 5 or 10 years for potential increases or decreases. Does the determination letter from the VA, under "Reasons for Decision", need to specifically state a requirement for future exams?

Thank you