VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p 2nd Exam Tomorrow

Rate this question

stickshift

Question

Got my 2nd C&P exam tomorrow for PTSD. Never diagnosed before, have 0% sc for hearing loss and 0% for scar from accident in 1967 also sc. Just hope all goes well, have had many issues that were doccumented on discharge papers but were just passed over when I was discharged. Took me til now to file claim so that may be an issue. Accident was not in combat so I may be in for a long hard road.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

PTSD has to have a stressor that the VA can verify. You might go to your C&P and be honest and see what the Doc writes up. Be sudre and get copies of your C&P

Now ofr my lecture on the subject PTSD is a bear to win at VA. However most who have PTSD have comorbid conditions that can be service connected. Depression is the biggest.

Be sure and let the Examiner know of any treatment that you have gotten in service for anxiety or depression.

• HadIt.com Elder
Got my 2nd C&P exam tomorrow for PTSD. Never diagnosed before, have 0% sc for hearing loss and 0% for scar from accident in 1967 also sc. Just hope all goes well, have had many issues that were doccumented on discharge papers but were just passed over when I was discharged. Took me til now to file claim so that may be an issue. Accident was not in combat so I may be in for a long hard road.

How did the C&P exam go on the 14th, stickshift?

The appt went well with the exception of being there 8 hours due to some mixup, someone had cancelled the appt and didn't advise me.

Got thru it all, shrink didn't really want to know anything that would be useful concerning the accident or stressors. Tried to focus on grade school life/family life as a child. I did hold my temper and was polite, next time could have a very different outcome. Have 3 other appts today ( other complaints ) and will pick up copies while there, office was closed when I finished.

I will post what I find from C&P appt when I get my copy.

Yeah they look for post service reasons that could rule out service connected PTSD.

With the scar rated at "0" SC-(I assume SC and not NSC?)

it seems to me that they have acknowledged the accident that caused the scar.

Were there any eye witnesses to this accident?

Do your SMRs reflect any changes to your behavior after the accident?

Do you have any private treatment records for PTSD or anxiety or depression that reveal these conditions stem from the accident?

These claims can be very difficult to succeed in.

The scar was rated sc but I never looked for any treatment after leaving the service. Alcohol became my best friend and took care of all of my problems. SMRs do reflect some changes in behavior but the Dr. wasn't in any mood to listen to anything related to that.

My work record is the bad part after the service, and my treatment of females. Two areas that I am ashamed of but can't be changed. My present wife #4 understands me and helps me through the rough times when I start to revert to the old me. I am retired so I don't spend a lot of time around other people so therefore I keep things on an even keel. Just waiting now and hoping for a good outcome, thanks everyone.

I will keep you posted.

• HadIt.com Elder
The appt went well with the exception of being there 8 hours due to some mixup, someone had cancelled the appt and didn't advise me.

Glad you stuck it out the 8 hours, and waited around for the C&P exam. If you left because of the mix up, you would have been listed as a "no show" on your denial letter.