VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am Having Problems With Voc. Rehab

Rate this question

Lawrence Seward

Question

Yesterday I relized that it had been eight years since I walked out of work to join the military (Not that I wasn't planning to do so any ways. but when the towers fell I felt I had no choice but to step up for my family and country. I could have held out and got some college for a higher pay grade upon entry, but the times did call.

I injured my back during training, I finished all of my academics but could not complet the phyisical tests. needless to say I was Med. boarded out against my will. like most trainees that get med boarded It was grilled into me that I was useless. I tried to stay in, thinking that if bruce LEE could come back from a back injury so could I.

It was decided by the VA that I am 20% disabeled. being trained in the medical field I found that to be wrong, so I appealed to no avail(they raised one rating while dropping another). I spent years trying to fit back into normal society, failing every time. How can a person that is trained to have there hands inside another humans body, under fire, ever fit in.

So I decided that I would try Vocational Rehabiltation. Maybe I thought, maybe there might be a away. but after two years of waiting I am still unemployed, barely making it by.

When I first went to VOC Rehab, all I needed was a computer, and schooling. every time I go and see my Voc Rehab counsler I get sent back to the doctors. whom either dont care, or tell me the same thing that I wont get better just worse.

at times I hoped that the VA would see my plights and "Be like oops out bad" and raise my percentage.

I guess I just don't know what to do. I don't fit in, I've gone crazy, and I... just need help.

Lawrence E. Seward

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit and thank you for your Service. Its not your fault that you were injured.

Voc Rehab usually works pretty well give it a little time.

Is Voc Rehab saying that your SC disabilities prevent you from continuing Voc Rehab?

If so and they documented this- file for TDIU (the 100% rate of comp)

Or are you in a Voc Rehab program and having difficulty with the courses?

If so-the college could provide accomodations to you or even a tutor-

Your VA counselor on the campus could help with that.

Voc Rehab requires a certain GPA-I dont remember what that is-

are you in Voc Rehab presently or is the VA failing to process your Voc Rehab application somehow?

I agree with Berta, I think we need more information. What is your current status? Are you in Voc Rehab and attending college or are you trying to get Voc Rehab approved to go to college? Also if you have a back problems you can always try to file a claim for depression cause by your service connected back condition.

Edited by pacmanx1

as far as I know Voc rehab is not saying wether it is SC or not, I don't really know what my status is. every time I have gone in to get some answers I get sent back to the doctors, which has brought me to a paranioa of the medical system. When I go in and see the doctors they wonder why I am there to see them. I tell them that Voc REhab sent me and my condtion has gotten worse but is not an emergancy. After all of the initial test that one takes to get into the Vov rehab system my counsler said I was entiteled for something but was not specific and put me on an "extended evaluation". over two years of this.

Well thought I would update with the goings on. After the classic long wait I have been approved by a back ground check to return to work. Assuming that the standard goverment wait I wont be returning to work till after the begining of the month. I will be helping other vetrens at the retsil in port Orchard WA. going there I will be facing one of my great fears. If I can face this fear then maybe I will be able to return to the medical field. I just don't see how a person that hears unbodied screams in the middle of the night would be fit for the medical field. but maybe this is what I need. Scares me even thinking about it. any way just adding an update. take care and thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder

Lawrence:

Sometimes when we face our fear we conquer them.

Good Luck to you. I will pray for grace to help you grant you peace as you go back to work.