VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Time From C&p Exam To Decision

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

My exam was at end of July and was just informed it was being finalized for rating so hopefully won't be too much longer. Its for increase and TDIU. From looking at the exam it was favorable at least for an increase. I will be happy to just get an increase for now and estatic if I get TDIU but I don't expect it first time around.

dh

Thanks for responding sargeb13. I hope mine is just as fast.

Blackbird

BB,

If your C&P was done at an VAMC, usually you can go to ROI at that VAMC about a week after the exam and get a copy of it. Sometimes if it is a MH exam they may not release the results to you,

but in most cases they do.

jmho,

carlie

BB,

If your C&P was done at an VAMC, usually you can go to ROI at that VAMC about a week after the exam and get a copy of it. Sometimes if it is a MH exam they may not release the results to you,

but in most cases they do.

jmho,

carlie

The VA must release your medical records, including mental health records to you upon proper request. After all, they are your records and you have a right to examine them for accuracy. If you are a Combat Zone Vet, you can go to your nearest Vet Center for help. They will likely FAX the request in for you. Here, it takes a week to 10 days for you to receive you examiner's report. I am told that if you go to a VA hospital or clinic, they can print off your examiner's report while you wait. All it needs is your signature. The Vet Centers have the friendliest people in town and are eager to help Combat Zone Vets or Vets with MIlitary Sexual Trauma (MST).