VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Docket Date

Rate this question

VetsLady

Question

Hello everyone...

We have an appeal I'm told is in the "rating" phase at the AMC in DC. Have been told that this phase is basically a point of jumping back in line to have your claim reviewed. We have an original docket date from Jan. 05, wondering if anyone knows where we can find out where the BVA is in the docket? Does AMC render the decision, send it back to BVA, then if SC, back to rating for SC%??? What is the order?

Rating to me seems like it should be rating but, it's apparently not with the AMC.

Thank you's......

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Berta...

Good Morning. Yes, I did just that, yesterday. Sent the inquiry to the AMC inquiry email address since that's where the

claim is supposedly at.

If I don't get a response by Monday, I will send 2, 1 to the AMC and 1 to the BVA. What the heck, may as just send 1 to

the BVA address now. Won't hurt.

Thanks...

That is correct Clownman-

I was sent copies of two AMC award letters last year- from two vets who were delighted of course.

Problem is they were terrible decisions which I hope do not come back to haunt the two veterans.

The rationale for the awards did not make sense.

I discussed these two awards with a veterans lawyer who also saw something seemed wrong with them as well.

I am very glad my claim went from the AMC back to the BVA.That gave the RO I deal with-however- a chance to bugger my award letter up.They didn't even read the BVA decision.

It appears they are starting to work on the proper award letter.

Maybe in Philadelphia VARO-

I wonder if my 2006 IG complaint about the original RO caused my award to take so long.

Edited by Berta

Latest....

The AMC in DC has the C-file. The tell us it's in the hands of the "developers"

We are told if it gets SC, then the file will go "upstairs" to receive a rating %

Since the initiation of this claim, the medical condition has on appeal has many

ups and downs, was on chemo 3 times. The condition is worse now,

will never get better. Might stay the same, but doubtful. However, we remain

hopeful it stays the same and we remain realistic at the same time. Hard thing

to do...!

We are getting info to check back again in 8 weeks on the "developing" of the claim.

BVA hearing was in Nov. We are told the new docket date is March 2009 so that is

where we step back into line for a decision. We are told that the file being in the

"developers" dept is a could be a good thing as it means "something" is being done

on the file. There is no other development to be done as QTC exam was done,

MD said "more likely than not" related to in-service occurence, private MD said the

same thing, they have all of the medrecs up to date. Can't imagine what they need

to develop so hoping it goes quickly to a SC win and then upstairs for a rating %.

Not watching the mail, not watching the water boil. Just back in line for now.

Any ideas or thoughts are welcome.