VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cervical Radiculopathy C&p Question

Rate this question

ArmyTexas

Question

Would anybody know what this may rate? The reg seems to give a vague rating criteria.

Remarks from C&P:

Cervical Radiculopathy: "grip of the right hand is reduced by 30%, the left 20%. Tendon reflexes at the elbows are trace;at the wrist they are absent. There is deminished sensation to pinprick of the lateral part of both upper arms, both lower arms, and both hands. There in no clonus." IMPRESSION: "DDD of the cervical spine with multilevel disk protrusion with cord compression and foraminal compression, severe disability with progression and no response to treatment"

Thanks,

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

DAV Rep just called.

Originally I had:

60% Asthma

10% Cervical DDD

10% Tinutus

0% Hearing

Overall 70%

Now

60% Asthma

30% Cervical DDD from 10 to 30

10%/10% Bilateral Cervical Radiculopathy

10% Tinutus

Overall 80%

Should be a decent back pay, from Jan 22, 2009

Thanks to all on the site.

• HadIt.com Elder

Immediatly if not sooner, NOD this as the headaches were not mentioned. Headaches are not part of radiculpathy and are a rateable secondary issue with larger percentages based ont he frequency and severity under code 8100.

If you have not filed for them, get it done as I think it is now inferred.

J

I just received the VA letter this morning. I did have a question concerning the Cervical Ragiculopathy. The S/C'd it secondary to Cervical DDD. The rater used the exact same language from the C&P I had. He listed the individually in the UPPER Radicular Group. Rated at 10% each bilaterally. I'm thinking that my right (dominant one should at least be 20-30%, but not sure about the Left? I wanted to see if I"m on the right train of thought.

"grip of the right hand is reduced by 30%. Tendon reflexes at the elbows are trace;at the wrist they are absent. There is deminished sensation to pinprick of the lateral part of both upper arms, both lower arms, and both hands. There in no clonus."....award of 10% is warrented.....

"grip of the right hand is reduced by 20%. Tendon reflexes at the elbows are trace;at the wrist they are absent. There is deminished sensation to pinprick of the lateral part of both upper arms, both lower arms, and both hands. There in no clonus." .....award of 10% is warrented....

Just wanted to everyone an update on my appeal. March 2010 I sent my NOD in for a DRO Review went to a C&P for it in January 2011.

I appealed the items below:

Right upper Radiculopathy rated at 10%

Left upper Radiculopathy rated at 10%

Headaches from cervical denied.

I received the DAV letter 1 week ago stated that the DRO granted my request to increase the R Upper to 30% and the L upper to 20%and my new rating is 100% with Chapt 35 benefits. I Couldn't believe it, it was exactly as I requested. I asked for 30% for the right since it was dominant and 20% for left since it was non-dominant. The headaches were still denied, but that takes me to 100% as of Jun 2010. The official letter is in the mail. Ebenefits is showing 100% and the 800 number said 100% P&T

I'm still trying not to get excited until I get that official mailed letter from the VA, but atleast this is promising.

• HadIt.com Elder

Appeal the headaches anyway. Getting a rating for that will add to the criteria for an SMC down the road.

J