VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have Been Warned By Va..

Rate this question

mako25

Question

Some of you here know my story from earlier thread (Please Help) well anyway still waiting on anything from my RO (Philly) my award for TDIU was granted by Washington 02 June 09.Well after numerous 1-800...phone calls and now two visits to my RO I can not get a answer as to even where my case is at this time..My last visit to the RO was this past Mon. a total waste of time the person at the desk told me if I don't have a reply by Oct. 15th to call back..Ohhh God. Well this is pretty serious now financially and health wise, its to the point that with winter approaching I don't have the bread to heat my house.So I mentioned that I may go my my local state representative, with that the person said "you don't want to do that" because it will cause your file to go from maybe the top of one pile to the bottom of another.How can this go on in a organization that is set up by our federal government to our Veterans in a time of need??

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just keep the faith. In no more than two months (before Xmas) all this will be mute point.

Best of luck, dh

mako25,

I know your situation is desperate, but I would put no faith in the DVA coming through when you need it the most. Even if you have an award.

You should apply for federal energy assistance program today. You may have to file this through a county agency. Check around there are temporary energy programs to help those in need.

Getting a state Rep involved may delay your claim up to two yrs.

Hang in there.

Allan

There, for the grace of God go I.

Edited by darkhorse

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on winning your claim, Mako25. At least that part of your VA odyssey is accomplished. Hang in there... The check is in the mail, via cracks.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93