VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Results

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

A Retired Rater, Retired C&P Examiner and a Retire Psychiatris

review this C&P Exam, and see 100% Rating

I will need to see it in Writing!!!

Axis I

PTSD (309.81)

Bipolar II Disorder (296.89

Sexual Sadism (302.84) is this under a mental disorder ???

PTSD includes symtoms of anxiety, panic attacks and obsessive compulsive behaviors. Bipolar Disorder includes his mood symtoms-despression hypomania, impulsitivity, racing thoughts. His sexual abberations are included in his paraphilla

AxisII

Personality Disorder with antiSocial disorder (301.7)

Axis III, Many Medical problems

AxisIV Problems with primary support group, Problems related to the social enviroment, Occupational problems, problems related to interaction with the legal system

Current GAF 35

The claimant is technically empolyed but doing no work. He has been sent to an office in a distant city from where his last trouble were. He is being investigated and sued for sexual harassment and various other complaints. In my opinion his mental disorders would preclde him from employment in any other company

Effects of PTSD on Occupational and Social Functioning

X in box: Total occupational and social impairment due to PTSD signs and Symtom

and also due to Bipolar Disorder and his sexual paraphila. He insomnia and nightmares, ritualistic and checking behaviors includong his sexual aberrations, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, history of assaultive behavior, grandiosity, poor marital and family relationship, restricted range of emotions, hypomania, no social friends, poor memory, poor self care, racing thoughts. With these symptoms and with his records he likely unemployable. He has no real relationship with friend or even family.

Psychosocial functional status and quality of life: After his return from Vietnam, he has almost consistently unable to function in a work enviroment and has no social involvement, even with his wife and kids.. His problems have become steadily worse over the years. There were many complaints about work behaviors and has had many jobs the past several years. This last group of incidents appears to be the end of the line for his working career as he is facing lawsuits for sexual harassment. He is not taking basic care of his hygiene. He is homeless and is living in the office that is own by the company.

PTSD symptoms require continous medications

PTSD symptoms are severe enough to interfere with occupational and social functioning.

Prognosis for PTSD

I do not see any hope for improvement for this claimant. He is suffering from severe PTSD, for which he has received little treatment over these many years. In addition, he meets criteria for Bipolar Disorder and sexual paraphilla. All these are futher complicated by long standing maladaptive personality characteristics.

Your opinion, no matter how harsh, will be repected

Edited by sgmdae

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I see PTSD, A gaf of 35 which is low, You may not be able to handle your finances if that low. I also see the dreaded Personality Disorder that the RO often sees and uses against Veterans since it is not a rateable disability.

Otherwise it is a good C and P exam. I do see a 70 plus rating. Do you get SS?

Hang in there.

J

Edited by jbasser

Jbasser

Personality Disorder with Anti Social Disorder code (301.7)

Is it rated under the criteria, I don't know where the C&P examiner got that from, it was new to me

I compare this C&P to friends rating at 70%, mine is much stronger of a C&P exam

• HadIt.com Elder

The PTSD diagnosis is strong.

Which RO are you dealing with?

I have seen a very few 100 percent PTSD awards. mostly 70 and added IU.

You should go ahead and submit the IU paperwork now.

It May save you some time.

J

I dealing with Indianapolis, you have already or others gave me their opinion of that VARO

Theres nothing I can do with that. I wish I was down your way at Louisville VARO

Is the Personality Disorder I cited a ratable one