VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long To Get Copy Of "c" File?

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

It has been two years since I filed my 21-526.

In August 2009 I files my NOD.

In August 2009 I requested a copy of my "C" file and still waiting?

My local VSO is no help he is appointed by the county government board, family connection.

An Attorney told me that I should not use any of my state political aids, that would just red flag my file and slow it down.

This has been a very discouraging process and even more difficult to stay motivated to push your claims.

Thanks for any replies

Ken1

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I submitted request at VRO in July 2009. They said they'll mail letter with a 2-week window in which I can come in and view it.

When I checked back a month later, the rep said there are 600 people ahead of me. Still no word.

I also can't get a copy of my service records because they are at the VRO. In hindsight I'd request copy of service records Before submitting claim.

All the best, Ken! :)

It has been two years since I filed my 21-526.

In August 2009 I files my NOD.

In August 2009 I requested a copy of my "C" file and still waiting?

My local VSO is no help he is appointed by the county government board, family connection.

An Attorney told me that I should not use any of my state political aids, that would just red flag my file and slow it down.

This has been a very discouraging process and even more difficult to stay motivated to push your claims.

Thanks for any replies

Ken1

Sometime you have to take action to retrieve your records it took me writing my Congressman and he requested them for me. It can be any time frame there on there own time...I would call or request again or get with your VSO to find out the status,,,Good luck Yogg

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
FYI

Update It has taken 76 days from request date to recieve date

Hey Ken,

Which RO sent them?

My RO told me there were about 700 people in front of me and it would take three months. I figure I would give them about 45 days, because I did not want to risk eating up my appeal/NOD window.