VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Paperwork

Rate this question

Guest swells1

Question

The last package I received from the VARO in Waco asked me for more evidence and what confused me IU paperwork. I am currently working as a WS-06 at Fort Hood and earning a fair check every 2 weeks. Although it's getting harder and harder to deal with my PTSD symptoms each day. I was seen about 1 1/2 weeks ago for my C&P for PTSD and things sounded more than favorable for a good outcome on that one(but I know how that can be twisted). But why would they send me IU paperwork prior to my C&P when I never indicated I was going for or expected 100% in the first place?Am I reading too much into this? Or is it Waco's way of beating me to the punch? Would it be smart for me to fill out the paperwork even though I am working? Sorry but I'm so new at this and have no idea.I have yet to actually see the results of my C&P. How do I get a copy of it?ThanksDoc

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I went to my local vet center in June and asked for help and the DAV lady that was there talked to me for a bit then wrote up a letter to the VA and had me sign some forms. She made a copy of my military health record. She then told me I was now covered by the PVA and my paperwork is being mailed to the VA so I could be taken care of. This was about a week before my ankle surgery. I have not seen anyone about my mental health issues except my C&P eval since then. But it appears I am closer to getting a SC % so I can be seen at the VA for my problems. If I was all about the money or retirement, I would have made a claim 19 years ago when I got out. Back then I was just too proud to ask for help. Now I have no pride and nobody is willing to help.

• HadIt.com Elder

swells,

If it seems like I am abrupt, then I guess sometimes I'm abrupt. I did not mean for my comments to dissuade you from file for benefits that are due you.

Far from it. I encourage you to do just exactly that.

But, you need to understand that sometimes there are those who would LIKE to take advantage where no advantage is due them, and, sometimes, I might have just finished dealing with such a person, prior to getting on the hadit board. My Bad.

Having said that, let me see if I can be of help.

If they sent you a TDIU application, then for gosh sakes fill it out (and be thankful that they sent it, for there usually is a reason behind their madness).

Bearing in mind that they probably expect you to be so disabled that you cannot possibly be working. Which, seeing as how you just completed your exam for PTSD, is probably a GOOD sign.

You can get a copy of your C&P exam by requesting it from the Waco Regional Office. You'll have to fill out a request and FAX it to them.

May I make a suggestion?

Contact the Texas Veterans Commission in Waco:

Tel. 254/ 299-9950

(FAX) 254/ 299-9910

Email: WACO@tvc.state.tx.us

and give Sandra Covin or Ron Copeland a call.

You need someone that will do you some good, these two, either of these two will.

Tell 'em you want to give the TVC your Power Of Attorney and get them to get you a POA form 21-22 and FAX that back to them.

Tell them what you are up against. They will help you.

Do it tomorrow.

LJ

No harm no foul my friend... Believe me I can and do understand... I'm sorry for wearing my heart on my sleeve. But all of this stuff is so maddening... And if you are confused prior to attempting to make sense of it... It seems insurmountable. Thank you for your observations, suggestions, and I'll follow your advice tomorrow morning. I am sending your message to my work e-mail as soon as I send this to you.

So the local vet center was a bust.

swells,

First question is why is there a DAV woman at your vet center

wanting to talk to you ?

About the only thing she should be concerned with is if a vet wants to file a claim.

She has absolutely no say in your getting services renendered

for MH therapy at the vet center.

Did the Vet Center Staff state they can not provide MH services to you

for ANY reason ?

carlie

I walked in and they said sign in and have a seat. Shortly after she called me back to an office where she interviewed me. I was told she is a volunteer at the center and came highly reccomended by several friends of mine at work that have been going for their disabilities. I do not know how all of this stuff works. Did I do something wrong?