VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming C+p Exam

Rate this question

chris1975

Question

Hi my name is Chris I was discharged from the Marines for Planter Fasciitis of the left foot in 1999. I also have it in my right which is docmented in a couple of places in my SMR's. I also contracted Lyme disease also documented a couple of weeks before discharge. In my last visit to the Dr. in 1999 my Smr's show he said the Lyme disease was resolved and I was complaining of neck pain (sign of stage 2 Lyme disease). I also visited sick call in 1997 for shortness of breath, and dysphagea described as (lump in throat). It was also noted in my C+P exam though not filed on when I came out. The VA denied me in 2000 for Lyme disease said it was resolved though they ran no blood test and said there was no way to know since it resolved. On May 4th 99 after being in the field and getting ticks on me I went to sick call for nausea, vomiting headache right eye temporal throbbing, feeling wake and difficulty sleeping due to congestion. On May 14th I had a tick head removed from my ankle. On May 26th I was seen for N/V/D swollen lymph nodes and 2 erythemia migraines and actually diagnosed with Lyme disease. (Sorry if this is all over the place) Anyway I am a 10% disabled vet for left foot planter fasciitis. I recently filed a new claim and I have a C+P exam Oct 1st. Since then I have had a host of issues including migraines, sleeping problems, Gerd, stricture, allergies, asthma, arthritis. I have 2 different nexus statements one from my family physician that reads:

1st Dr

Chris is a 34 year old patient at my medical practice who is plagues with bilateral Achilles tendon pain (just the left is in my SMR's). Bilateral planter Fasciitis (both in Smr's) Seasonal Allergies (notated by dentist in SMR"S) with asthma exacerbations and acid reflux that all began during his military service and are directly related to that service. As well he contracted Lyme disease during his military service in May of 1999 that caused fatigue and arthritis pains that still give him difficulty and is directly related to his time in the military. If you have questions please contact my office. All of the above information was obtained from Chris's military records direct interview of Mr Chris.

The other reads:

I interviewed and examined Chrstopher today in my capacity as a board certified family physician with a special interest (and training) in chronic lyme disease. It is my opinion based on the History and Physical and review of his service medical records that he contracted lyme disease during his military service. I believe that the infection is active his present debilitating symptoms, including: neck pain, migraine headaches, severe fatigue, migratory polyarthralgias and mild cognitive impairment are due to tick borne disease. I will order lab tests in attempt to support these asse4rtations but we need to bear in mind that Lyme testing is notoriously insensitive and clinical judgement is the accepted ultimate means to diagnoses.

They are both made out to whom it may concern and signed by the Dr's. Do I have a chance with these any suggestions I asked them both to use VA language but they didn't. If the VA examiner doesn't agree am I screwed so many questions I am still really new to this any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Chris

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Chris, the first doctor stated he reviewed your Service medical records and may be helpful.

The second one left a gray area open as he had ordered tests and did not reveal the medical records were reviewed.

The C&P examiner will be an important opinion as to your service connection. Are both IMO's in the claims folder?

They need to be but you can take copies with you.

Good Luck.

J

First thank you for answering. :huh: yes they are both in my claims folder and I will still hand carry a copy. I made a mistake they 2nd one also saild he reviewed my service medical records I giess i just forgot to type it in here. The first on just put military records hopefully that is ok. :D

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Are you able to work?

You were low balled you should have a bilateral rating on feet and you have evidence to support it. Looks like you have good evidence to support other connections. Good Luck

Thank You. I just had one appointment for for my hip and knee secondary to my feet. No word on any others its been 9 months and they have really done anything. I called the VA and they see no appoinments waiting to be scheduled any ideas on how to spped it up or how long it should take.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome Chris,

No, there is really no sure way to say how long the VA may take in any given circumstance/claim.

Depends upon many things.

Which VA Regional Office is handling your claim (how many claims this office HAS, what time of the year it is (vacations, holidays, etc.) which rater at the Regional Office gets your claim file, how long it takes them to gather up your SMR's, MedRecs, Social Security Info, DD214, etc., etc.).

Nope, no way of telling. And, don't even think about calling the infamous 1-800#.....unless you are just bored. If you do call the #800, do me a personal favor, write down the "answer" that they give you (I'm working on my memoirs and need fodder for my book, okay?).

:rolleyes: