VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi C&p Yesterday

Rate this question

bufloguy

Question

Just had my C&P for TBI due to MVA 20 years ago. The examiner stated she read my c-file, and thanked me for putting together such a "great" claims package. She asked a few questions about the accident itself, memory, headaches, ect. Then checked my reflexes, vision, and asked about my sense of smell. On my way out the door, she stated that I was SC for TBI, and the RO willl decide my %. All totaled the exam was 7:36.

Does this sound right?

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, appeal because how can you have a decent exam for TBI and/or PTSD in 7 minutes? What tests did you get at the exam? Who did the exam? Was it a neurologist or psychiatrist? It is just not possible to assess these conditions in 7 minutes. Are you IU already? Are you trying to just get SC'ed or are you trying to get 100% schedular? Sounds like some of the psychiatric exams I got the in 80's where the resident shrink just asked me if I heard voices, and if I was working. It took five minutes.

I'm happy with the 70% for the TBI, but They denied the PTSD w/o a C&P exam. The 70% for the TBI put me at 90%, and I don't think the RO wanted me to get to 100 %. I will appeal the PTSD decision, and will post in the PTSD forum later.

• HadIt.com Elder

You should be getting 100% if you are not working. Do you get SSD? If not and you don't work apply for it

I'm still working, and hope to continue for as long as possible. While I have had difficulty working, I have a Federal job, and they have been pretty accomidating.

Keep the federal job and retire, just bank the 90% enjoy ...!

I'm still working, and hope to continue for as long as possible. While I have had difficulty working, I have a Federal job, and they have been pretty accomidating.