VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Celexa/citalopram

Rate this topic

Thats the catch 22 I'm in too I feel so much worse when I don't take it than when I do and I feel like I'm moving in drying concrete and my focus is horrible when I take it, but at least I'm not as depressed, it does nothing for my anxiety.

How many mg's are you taking? Do you think you think it's too much for you? I'm about 145 lbs and I am taking 20 mg but my son was recently prescribed the same med (10 mg) and he weighs over 200 lbs.

To tell the truth, I didn't know I was depressed until I stopped taking it. I was in denial about the depression. My anxiety level was off the chart while off of it. Driving and anxiety don't mix.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i take citalopram, divalprox (depakote?) and as needed lorazepam. was on effexor but when complained about sexual side affects, swapped to citalopram. sorry, don't know the mg as wife does meds and can't find a bottle right now. seemed to put on fifty pounds of weight since divalprox, anybody else?

as far as feeling lost in space, not unless i downshift real close with the others chased by a lorazapam

Close pete but no cigar.....they both belong in the same family but are tweeked a little so that big pharma can make more money. I used to take paxil and thank golly gee i'm happy to be done with that one.

Many of these drugs are just knockoffs from the original ssri which was Prozac. Side effects that are common are sexual impotence, light headeness, etc.....

I think is mainly psychological to each and every person on how their synapses fire and how much of those feel-good chemicals are shooting around the brain.

We'll see...there's some great science and discovery ahead and I'm ready. Are you?

dh

Lexapro and Celexa are almost the same
Edited by darkhorse

• HadIt.com Elder

Paxil is a good anti-anxiety drug. However, you give up your sex life because it somehow inhibits the ability to have an orgasm in both males and females. Those who God wishes to punish he makes mad, or puts them on Paxil.

I haven't filed yet because i'm getting continuity but since being on Lexapro I am basically sexually impotent. I'm going to file for an SM(K) award and get the 96/month that I rightly deserve. Having no sex drive lowers anyone's quality of life.

dh