VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Piroxicam

Rate this topic

I just found out that tramadol and the SSRI uptake inhibitors like prozac don't mix.

All these drugs some of us get may have very bad interactions. The VA is supposed to have a program that points this out to PCP's and any other doctor that prescribes meds.

There are two warnings that pop up when Dr.s prescribe drugs that have interactions with other drugs. The first pops up when the Dr. enters the prescripiton and requires his password to over ride the warning. The second warning is when the Pharm. Tech fills the rx and it has to be cleared with the pharmacists password. Unfortunately with the massive amount of Rx's being filled and the manpower shortages in the pharmacy an interaction between two drugs can and usually is over ridden and handed out the window to save time unless its a major interaction that can cause death, or placed for mailing. I know this because I am a CPht "certified pharmacy technician" and worked at the VA in Chicago.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My VA doctor thinks the generic Mobic is great. However, it sometimes hurts my gut. I think way back I asked for celebrex and the VA gave me morphine instead. Does that make sense.

• HadIt.com Elder

John999

I take so many meds I have no idea anymore what side affects I have from a particular one. All I know is that if I complain about a symptom my nice PCP Doc usually changes a med and we give it a test drive.